Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
This is a bit perplexing. While I agree with your post, I believe this thread discussion has been civil and respectful, and the OP made a point of saying everyone is welcome to express his or her views, so it’s not just a one-sided dialogue.
In the old thread, nobody was told that their opinions irked people, or that using the word "greedy" was akin to schoolyard name-calling.... and yet in that old thread, the band was indeed called greedy, and people did indeed say they thought the Eagles were doing a disservice to their fans. Strong words were used. One poster even said that he would never go to another show - not because he couldn't afford it, but as a matter of principle. He described shows at that price as "financial rape." No one chastised him for his harsh words or complained about how hard he was on the band members; it was just part of the discussion.

To the people who participated in that thread - me, Freypower, Dreamer - the difference in how people react to criticism of the band being discussed is quite apparent.