Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I feel like they should bring back the Long Run, wasted time, and victim of love.
    AFAIK, Victim hasn't been played since Felder left. I would have liked to have heard it on the HOTE tour, but I still hold that show and setlist in the highest of regards. But hearing Those Shoes (which I feel is also underrated) was amazing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

One (of many) things that Austin and I agree on is THOSE SHOES WAS AMAZING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    One (of many) things that Austin and I agree on is THOSE SHOES WAS AMAZING!!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I heard Those Shoes at the classic east, I didn’t appreciate the song then as I do now. That song is great. I’m sure the set list for the HOTE was the best they put together

I heard Those Shoes at the classic east, I didn’t appreciate the song then as I do now. That song is great. I’m sure the set list for the HOTE was the best they put together
    The HOTE setlist was great. I probably would have left off some of the Desperado era numbers, but it added to the vibe. The main thing is that I heard all of my favorites.

I was pretty upset after seeing the LROOE tour and not hearing Already Gone, it was a good show but it really kept bothering me afterwards until I saw the HOTE tour. The HOTE show blew my LROOE experience out of the water. Better seats, no more funeral suits (a rock n' roll band should embrace rebellion and informality and not be in business attire, I'm sorry), and a much better setlist.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The HOTE setlist was great. I probably would have left off some of the Desperado era numbers, but it added to the vibe. The main thing is that I heard all of my favorites.

I was pretty upset after seeing the LROOE tour and not hearing Already Gone, it was a good show but it really kept bothering me afterwards until I saw the HOTE tour. The HOTE show blew my LROOE experience out of the water. Better seats, no more funeral suits (a rock n' roll band should embrace rebellion and informality and not be in business attire, I'm sorry), and a much better setlist.
    Yeah, already gone is simply needed at an eagles concert. It’s very important to their credibility as a rock band. I love that song. Didn’t they still do a lot of solo songs during the LROOE tour?

Stuck on the Border

Yeah, already gone is simply needed at an eagles concert. It’s very important to their credibility as a rock band. I love that song. Didn’t they still do a lot of solo songs during the LROOE tour?
    They did the Walsh songs during the LROOE tour. They dropped the Henley songs.

For me the LROOE tour was superior in every way to HOTE, but I saw the end of HOTE when Glenn was coming to the end. That is what stays with me. I don't want to go off track but I had to make that statement. I am well aware that many people seemed to think HOTE was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

For me the LROOE tour was superior in every way to HOTE, but I saw the end of HOTE when Glenn was coming to the end. That is what stays with me. I don't want to go off track but I had to make that statement. I am well aware that many people seemed to think HOTE was better.
    Wow then there really is no reason for AG to not be on the setlist. If you don’t mind, what were your feelings about the HOTE and the state of Glenn at that time? Was he noticeably worn down?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

The LROOE show I saw in Chicago had TBOS, DL, and ASWTDID, but maybe they removed it later on. They also had the Walsh songs as you said.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Wow then there really is no reason for AG to not be on the setlist. If you don’t mind, what were your feelings about the HOTE and the state of Glenn at that time? Was he noticeably worn down?
    I should point out that not only was AG not in the LROOE setlist, but neither were TS & my favourite song of all, NKIT. That was hard to take, but I understood it because of the LROOE songs (although a couple of them were dropped after one night, which in my view was just .... I don't know what a suitable word is.... showing lack of faith in their new album). Maybe they did do TBOS & DL, I don't remember. I should look up my reviews. They didn't do ASWTDID. I only ever saw that on the F1 tour.

I don't wish to go further off topic about HOTE, but yes, Glenn was not himself at all, and I knew it. You can have a look at my reviews if you like. I went to the Sydney shows & one Brisbane show in 2015. All I will say is that at the time I tried as hard as I could to hide my disappointment, knowing that it was not what people wished to read about, and also knowing that I knew my interest in the band was declining anyway. How was I to know what would then occur.