Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

Just as Glenn and Don Henley were able to outvote Don Felder, I believe the two Dons could have outvoted Glenn. However, it seems the Glenn made it clear he would challenge that and noone wanted that fight.
The way Glenn sounds in interviews, I'm sure you're right. They didn't want to deal with that, I'm sure. Sounds like he has always been a "my ball, my rules" kinda guy.
I have thought alot about Glenn's comments regarding Don F. worrying about how much money Glenn and Don were making, and not appreciating what he was making. I can see that side of it, but I can also see the side of it that, they ALL were making so much money, why not split it evenly. They ALL make grossly more than nearly EVERYONE who buys their music and goes to their concert.
I think the greed thing goes both ways.

It's a bit like pro sports players. They hold out, demand trades and raises, when they already make an obscene amount of money. What difference is there really between 20 and 50 million dollars....you can't spend it all either way!!!

At the end of the day, I'm glad that they figured out how to make it work as much as they have. The listening public has gotten some great music from it.