Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10 Weakest (not bad-- just weak) songs by the Eagles

Out on the Border

Default The 10 Weakest (not bad-- just weak) songs by the Eagles

Okay, I’ve been dared.
    Now, we all love the Eagles here and they have had an amazing career! And they have written and produced some of the greatest music of our lifetime. So, when I make this list, it is only my opinion (and hopefully others will post as well). It actually took me awhile to come up with this list (I would honestly say I only don’t like 5 of these songs –though I won’t say which 5). Some songs on this list I still think are good, but when you compare to other Eagles songs (and that’s a high bar to measure), they just come up short. Again, please let me stress we are just having fun here. No list is perfect, and if you like some of these songs, don’t take it personal. This is just a list of what I feel are the 10 WEAKEST SONGS (see I’m not even using the word bad…just weakest) the Eagles have produced:

1) Teenage Jail
    2) Disco Strangler
    3) Most of Us are Sad
    4) Saturday Night
    5) You Never Cry Like A Lover
    6) Wasted Time
    7) Those Shoes
    I Wish You Peace
    9) Victim of Love
    10) Best of My Love

Default Re: The 10 Weakest (not bad-- just weak) songs by the Eagles

Best of my love weak? Are you kidding?

Border Desperado

As has been said, nothing personal, and I am being honest here:

My Songs: None.

P.S. Wasted time Amuse? Come on that's a beauty!
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This is going to SUPER SUPER hard but I will try after thinking about it for awhile.

I do have to say one thing tho...

BEST OF MY LOVE WOW--didn't think I would ever see that on this kind of list, but we all have our opinions and I will try not to hold it against you. You sound likeDon in one of those last interviews that he gave when he was reflecting on his disapproval of BOML also! At least you're in good company there.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'll have to think about this one... but OMG, Wasted Time and Those Shoes are amongst my favorites! I can't imagine someone thinking those are weak... sniff...

Wow, some surprising choices, amusefilms!!!!

Here are mine - most are not really bad, just not that great. I've bolded the only ones I really think are "epic fail":

1. Get You in the Mood (There's a reason it's just a B-side)

2. Take the Devil (This is so forgettable even I couldn't hum the tune if put on the spot)
    3. You Never Cry Like a Lover (Sexist with boring tune on the verses)
    4. Visions (Don't like the falsetto or whatever it is on the answering parts)
    5. Disco Strangler (No explanation necessary)
    6. Teenage Jail (So monotonous and unmelodic - hard to listen to)

7. The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks (Annoyingly cutesy and gimmicky instrumentation)
    8. King of Hollywood (Too icky a theme to be enjoyable; a bit sing-songy in melody; also, don't like the constant higher octave and the "he's calling" echo)
    9. Fast Company (Don't like the falsetto - unimpressive in 1975, inexcusable in 2007!)
    10. Frail Grasp on the Big Picture (Mean with meandering non-melody in verses)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Oh boy, I guess I should have let this one alone….but let me put it another way, if you had to leave off 10 songs from your ALL EAGLES mix what would it be?
    We all have faves and non-faves, right? Again, I still think some of these songs are good, but I don’t think there “as good” as the others. I know I’m new here and I don’t want to make enemies, so if anyone finds this offensive, I’m happy to pull it down.
    Thanks!

I said you should be prepared for heated discussion, amusefilms - that's what you're getting here (honestly, it's not even that heated, compared to what I've seen on various message boards in my 10 years of posting). So, since no one is attacking you and indeed people have gone out of their way to say they're NOT attacking you, I see no reason for you to take it down. Relax and enjoy the passionate opinions of hardcore Eagles fans!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by amusefilms View Post
    Oh boy, I guess I should have let this one alone….but let me put it another way, if you had to leave off 10 songs from your ALL EAGLES mix what would it be?
    We all have faves and non-faves, right? Again, I still think some of these songs are good, but I don’t think there “as good” as the others. I know I’m new here and I don’t want to make enemies, so if anyone finds this offensive, I’m happy to pull it down.
    Thanks!
    amusefilms - This is an interesting topic and I'm sure all of us will have songs that others disagree with. Your list is fine - as you said, it is YOUR list. Around here, we try to respect everyone's opinion even if we don't agree with it. I would agree with about half the songs on your list, but I'm going to have to give this some thought before I can post my list. No one should worry about making enemies for expressing your opinion on this board as long as it is done respectfully.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Amusefilms, I am actually going to enjoy this thread. It's okay we don't agree, but WT is a song I listen to over and over.

Soda, I agree w/your list, none of my keeper are on it.