The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Glenn Frey

Glenn Frey Lighten up while you still can with Glenn Frey.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
AEW21
Border Desperado

Default You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

....It's well worth it, from the looks of it--wow, words don't do justice what a beautiful desert home it is. I know the current owners are responsible for how beautiful is looks now, but I'm sure the "bones" of the house, as well as it's desert/mountain locale are the same as they were when Glenn owned it in the 70s, so it must have been as much of a real estate jewel then as it is now. It perfectly fit his Southwest fixation from that era, as well as his desire for privacy. And I wonder if he was the one back in the day that put in the recording studio space...?

I tell you, he and Cindy should snatch it back up for a desert oasis hideway--whatta house. (Only drawback is that the current owner either is affiliated with the band, CREED, or is a super-fan--ugh. Though I'm sure you can sage-smudge-stick away that sort of bad musical taste mojo.)

Real estate websites have different pictures (and different prices?):
Zillow
Santa Fe Properties
Trulia

Love that adobe/Spanish style--those arched doorways and heavy wooden doors. And that view...Must have been quite the retreat back in the day.

By the by--isn't this also the house that suffered two minor fires whilst Glenn owned it? I thought Ben Fong-Torres' book alluded to the fact that they were due to...recreational negligence of the narcotic variety...?
AEW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
OutlawManNJ
Border Desperado

Default Re: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

If that house was in New Jersey it would cost 3 Million and up! Round these parts any ole normal family house in a decent neighborhood is 500K plus. So imagine something like that. 1.1 million looks cheap! And Glen Frey lived there!
OutlawManNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
zeldabjr
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

wow love the view...wonder how long he owned it?...when he sold it?..
Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
sodascouts
Administrator

That view! Oh my gosh!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Glennsallnighter

Location: ... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!
Send a message via MSN to Glennsallnighter

Absolutely beautiful view Soda. I love the decor, I'd be quite happy to spend a chilly evening in front of a fire in that fireplace! And if Glenn 's aura was still in the place..... even better.

I agree! Glenn and Cindy should take reownership of the house. Its a lovely retreat.

Dublin is proud to welcome the Eagles to our shores...
Céad Mile Fáilte
Glennsallnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Houston Baby
Stuck on the Border

What a beautiful home and fantastic view! I love it!! And GA, you are so right about the fireplace and Glenn!

But wasn't this the house that he owned with his first wife?
Houston Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Houston Baby
Stuck on the Border

And too bad that one of us did not win the Powerball!!

This would have made a lovely meeting place for The Borderers!
Houston Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
cbecrad
Border Desperado

Wow that is a gorgeous home! Love that style.

ETA: What a shower!!!
cbecrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Tiffanny Twisted
Stuck on the Border

beautiful home I cant imagin why they sold it in the first place. beautiful view too
Tiffanny Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
Freypower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
What a beautiful home and fantastic view! I love it!! And GA, you are so right about the fireplace and Glenn!

But wasn't this the house that he owned with his first wife?
Yes. I don't think he ever lived there with Cindy. Beautiful area; I have happy memories of New Mexico. As I said in another thread I wore my turquoise necklace which I bought in Santa Fe to one of the Opera House shows (GA & Soda have seen it).