Page 52 of 201 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread Sept 2011 - March 2013

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

OK, what am I missing? That photo does nothing for me even though I prefer long haired Glenn with a moustache. I feel left out. Sorry.

It's alright, FP. Not everyone agrees on what photos of Glenn are the best. You may not like that photo, and others may not understand the appeal of some of the photos you post. It's all good.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't like any photo of any of the boys smoking. YUCK.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

EK, how old are you? I guess it's an age thing. I'm 55 and for some reason some of the smoking pictures portray sexiness to me because it was cool to smoke back in the 70's. Everyone smoked. I tried smoking to be cool, but never got anything out of it, so I didn't pursue it. My husband still smokes even though I've tried to get him to quit for health reasons. I finally gave up because it would just start an argument. He doesn't smoke it the house at least.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Brooke, I agree! I'm 50 and I remember constantly asking my mother when I'd be old enough to smoke. I couldn't wait! Then I was finally old enough and got the most horrid sinus infections. I even had to quit a job due to second-hand smoke. I tried for ten years to smoke on a regular basis and couldn't do it because of the sinus infections. It turns out I was lucky, but I wondered at the time why I was so cursed.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    I don't like any photo of any of the boys smoking. YUCK.
    I certainly don't like the cigarettes either! It isn't the cigarette that I think makes Glenn look sexy in the pictures! That definately takes away from the pics, especially the 2nd one. As much as I love Dreamer's avatar picture, whenever I look at it I can't help wishing he wasn't holding the cigarette. I try to think of another object that he could be holding & which could be Photoshopped into the pic.

I worry about Glenn smoking. From what I have read about rhematoid arthritis, smoking really worsens the condition. I pray that he has quit!

I never smoked myself. I never had any desire to either. Luckily my parents didn't smoke either.

Well, I think Glenn might still smoke a bit. Perhaps, having given up the more serious vices, he can't give up the last one. It's like me and Coke Zero. I know it's not healthy to guzzle it without restraint, but I still do because I figure "It's not so bad. It's not like I'm addicted to drugs or alcohol.... and I like it so much!" Perhaps he views smoking the same way. At any rate, he seems to keep it at a minimum.

As far as the cultural / age perceptions - I was born in the 70s, my parents didn't smoke, and I only tried it once with disappointing results ("what's so great about this?" :: cough cough : I was never tempted to do it again.

Here we are in 2012, and at this point the general public has ostracized the smoker to the point where, if he's lucky, he's allowed to smoke no less than 20 feet away from a public building. My poor friend Sarah back in Indiana was reduced to huddling by a tree in freezing weather in a "designated smoking location" every three hours in order to get her nicotine fix on campus during the winter.

However, I look at photos of people smoking and don't shudder with revulsion. Pictures of people doing drugs... sure, but not pictures of people taking a puff. It's almost like a novelty to someone like me, a window into time when smoking was not only socially acceptable, but cool.

Looking at a photo of Glenn shirtless and being concerned about the cigarette.... no, not so much. There are many other photos I consider sexy where he is holding a cigarette. It's not because of the cigarette, it's because of him.

I think the real issue is how much of a problem you have with smoking. I don't like it and I understand how unhealthy it is, but I don't have a problem with people who choose to do it. I just stand upwind of them.

To keep this on topic, besides the original photo in question, I find these photos quite hot despite the involvement of a cigarette:

and last but certainly not least...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

OMG! That last one! I can tell you I don't notice the cigarette at all there...too many other good things to look at. Which is rather true of all of them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Mmm... I'll take that whole selection, cigarettes and all. Like Soda said, I'll just stand upwind and wait 'til he's done to get closer.

It's so prevalent in the industry too, or at least it was 20 years ago when I broke up with my boyfriend the musician. When we lived together, I didn't even notice the smoke, though I didn't smoke myself. It was only after we split and I was away for a while that I noticed the smoky smell when I happened to see him. (He has since quit.)

My teenagers are horrified of the idea of smoking though. For all the things they're very tolerant of (racial equality, gay rights, etc.), they completely freak out about cigarettes, drinking and drugs. I guess that's a good thing.

By the way, I have to laugh at that Desperado picture. My grandfather was the ONLY person I ever knew who smoked Tiparillos, until I saw this picture of Glenn. Come to think of it, it was probably 1973 that my grandfather smoked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    By the way, I have to laugh at that Desperado picture. My grandfather was the ONLY person I ever knew who smoked Tiparillos, until I saw this picture of Glenn. Come to think of it, it was probably 1973 that my grandfather smoked them.
    Oh, so that's why it looks different - I wondered about that!