Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Don and Stevie

Default Don and Stevie

Seeing those photos Maleah posted made me want to discuss Don and Stevie a bit! They're so great together. It seems to me there is still chemistry between them - not that I think there is something "going on" but there is just this electricity when they are together!

They met when Fleetwood Mac was playing before the Eagles at a festival in 1975. When Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie broke up in 1976, they started an on-again, off-again affair which lasted a few years. Of course, she became pregnant with his baby in 1977, I believe, named it Sara, then aborted it. The song "Sara" was in part inspired by Don.

Lines from "Sara":
    "He was singing... and undoing the laces..." [you guess what that means lol]
    "When you build your house, call me home.." [Don was building his house at that time. I think they "had some fun" in it while it was being constructed.]

After the relationship ended in the seventies, they remained friends. Don duetted with Stevie famously on Leather and Lace, but also appeared on The Highwayman (perhaps partially inspiriting it) and Reconsider Me. She also refers to him at the end of Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You when she sings "the Men in her life were poets... priests of nothing... legends." You know that's partially Don.

She always speaks of him in glowing terms, even after he "spilled the beans" about the abortion. He apologized to her profusely. He sent her 50 silver roses on her 50th birthday. They often appear at each other's charities.

And they still have chemistry to this day!

Any thoughts? Do you guys who have seen them together or seen the photos agree that they stll have chemistry?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Do I think they have chemistry still?? I think it's hard to look at recent pics of them and deny that. There just seems to still be this intimacy (like Soda.....NOT saying something is "going on" just mean this as they still seem very close) between them in the simple ways that they touch or look at each other. Like when Stevie lays he head on his shoulder or when Don's standing behind her with his arm around her shoulders/neck (I believe there are pics of both lol )

Now I've never been to a concert, unfortunately, so I can't say anything about what they're like in person dang it

I also want to add that Don supported Stevie when her father was dying in 2005. He came down with her when she did a fan meet'n'greet when he certainly didn't have to - we were all there to see Stevie, after all. He did it to help her through a hard night (her father was in the hospital at that time - he passed away a few days later).

When we realized what he was doing for Stevie, my admiration for the man just skyrocketed.

awwww see nobody really think so..............but he's a softie

Seriously though, that is such a sweet story and I love it every time you tell us

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah

Seriously though, that is such a sweet story and I love it every time you tell us
    Oops.. forgot that I already told that story!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleah

Oops.. forgot that I already told that story!
    Oops..I didn't mean to make you feel like you shouldn't have told it again I love it so I wouldn't care if you told me a million times! It just makes me admire him all the more because it was a very kind thing to do! A very caring thing to think about the fact that it would be hard for her and to step in and try to make it easier!

I know you weren't trying to tell me not to post it - it's just embarrassing to tell stories you already have as if you haven't! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I know you weren't trying to tell me not to post it - it's just embarrassing to tell stories you already have as if you haven't! lol
    oh pshaw don't worry about it I could quite possibly be the only one who remembers it

I never knew that... Don has such a big heart and you can tell he and Stevie are as close as ever... Could it be cause of the abortion? They are absolutely awesome together and I love the pics of them together so precious...
    So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've never seen Don and Stevie sing together, but from the pictures and the history, it seems they remain very close friends after all this time. I love it. Although, if I were his wife I would be just a little bit jealous of that friendship. I don't know if I could take it.....them performing so much together and watching it from the sidelines.

As far as telling it again, Soda, how are all the newbies going to know if you, or anyone, quits telling their stories? They won't and the legends will fade away. We don't want that to happen!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten