Page 29 of 195 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

Found this article through Twitter, but it's in Italian. Anybody able to translate?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

There we go - Hope this helps!

The Eagles: with the drug is wasted time
    Don Henley: If we had been wiser we realized multiple disks

Word of Donald Hugh Henley (born 1947), better known as Don Henley. A legend of American rock. It is the founder, drummer, vocalist and co-author of numerous songs of Eagles, probably the band country-rock's most successful in the history of music. Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) sold in the United States alone 29 million copies. The band, which since its founding in 1971 has had several reshuffles, it will be in Italy June 13 (Milan, Forum). Their last album, after years of silence, is titled Long Road Out of Eden. And Don Henley admits that doing this was not a walk: 'Difficult keep our sound, and at the same time seeking a new one. Even using exotic instruments from India and Afghanistan. "
    The show, which arrived in Italy, more than a concert is a marathon.
    "It lasts three hours. All the classics, plus some new songs, which help us to keep still fresh. We spent a lot of money in production. All new from the stage, lights, giant screens.
    For the classics the band some adjustments. "Some will play just like the originals, others will have some new arrangement. After the concert we will do an Italian break, and take on holiday my family and my children on Lake Como. Certainly not the host of famous people who house by those parts does not usually attend the tour. I want to go to Como because my grandmother had Italian roots and his ancestors emigrated from Genoa to America and settled in a tiny town in Texas called Como. Let's say my father was born in Como, but Como is one in Texas. That's why I want to see Lake Como, the real one. "
    Tequila Sunrise and Desperado are two other songs that tear your heart and draw fans to the Eagles concert. "For Desperado - Don Henley says - have been influenced by a composer of 19 ˚ century, Stephen Foster, who described the South in his songs, and Ray Charles. Tequila Sunrise is a creature of Glenn, born in the fashion of ' namesake cocktail: tequila you drank the pure and then threw himself down the beer. But what is still in the country music of the Eagles? But in the country today there is no longer the true soul of the campaign. We, however, the Eagles, we have our roots in rock'n'roll. Tensions within the band? Certainly, as in any group. At each end of the tour we have enough of each other and announce who will be the last. One of the most traumatic defections was that of Don Felder. "Truly, we were happy with it, because I immediately fell to the problems between us. The arrival of new guitarist, Stewart Smith, was like a spark of vitality. Eagles of the recipe remains a mystery. "There's an old joke that says: to compose a song is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. We have been fortunate enough to be in an environment in which working people like Jackson Browne and Randy Newman and as we have seen operating.

"In the early years we have wasted time in drugs. But it was the lifestyle of that period: all they did in the sixties and seventies. Had we been wiser we would have produced a couple of more albums.
    Last edited by Jojo; 05-12-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Henley
    After a couple of decades of being a public figure, a person grows tired of his own face, his own voice. If this malaise is allowed to continue unchecked, it can deteriorate into something that my pals and I call ‘Death By Show Business.’ This doesn’t refer to literal death — although that is sometimes the case — but more to a loss of enthusiasm and a withering of creativity — a sort of atrophy of the spirit.

One day you wake up and you’re wearing the pathetic clown suit. Although I always tried to lead a varied life that included charitable work, I had reached a point where I wanted to do something proactive — something that wasn’t completely ‘me’ oriented.”
    Sounds like something he said during the interview with Charlie Rose. However my memory sometimes doesn't serve me well.

Stuck on the Border

I want to go to Como because my grandmother had Italian roots and his ancestors emigrated from Genoa to America and settled in a tiny town in Texas called Como. Let's say my father was born in Como, but Como is one in Texas. That's why I want to see Lake Como, the real one. "

Signor Henley - I totally understand your desire to visit the real Como in Italy. May I point out, however, that there is also a Como in Sydney, Australia, and you are welcome to visit it whenever you have a spare moment....

(I didn't know there was a Como in Texas).

I know this was a rough translation but Felder did not 'defect'. As for 'some songs will have new arrangements' I will believe that if I ever see it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow Jojo - muchos gratias for the translation. I know that is Spanish, but it's the only language I know.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks so much for the translation, Jojo. It was especially interesting to read this part about his family:
    After the concert we will do an Italian break, and take on holiday my family and my children on Lake Como. I want to go to Como because my grandmother had Italian roots and his ancestors emigrated from Genoa to America and settled in a tiny town in Texas called Como. Let's say my father was born in Como, but Como is one in Texas. That's why I want to see Lake Como, the real one. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Wow Jojo - muchos gratias for the translation. I know that is Spanish, but it's the only language I know.

thanks a whole bunch jojo! Gee-golly, that was swell! (now that's american!)

~Tonja~

A new Don interview from Tulsa World:

By Staff Reports--Published: 5/14/2009 2:57 PM

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/arti...0_bWhatw209720

Out on the Border

Thanks for posting. Nice interview.

Border Desperado

This is the Don we all love! I'm always happy to read an interview like this where he is in a good/decent mood. Someone said earlier that most the time he comes off as a great guy, this is a prime example.

This I like:
    (Laughs) I don’t have a favorite song to perform, I like all of them equally. I like to play songs that the audience likes, and when they’re happy, I’m happy.
    This not so much:
    I think after the Eagles tour Europe this summer, we’re going to shut down for awhile and hopefully I’ll have some time to start a solo project.
    We keep getting mixed signals about a west coast tour. Hopefully he means a short break...