Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Music Videos Survivor Game

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Joe Walsh Music Videos Survivor Game

Time for the "Joe Walsh Music Video" Survivor, where we vote off Joe's solo music videos until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all Joe’s solo music videos here. Vote for the video that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The video that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more video will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern Standard Time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted. This holds true even if your vote is a mistake. Sorry, them's the rules!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tie in any round, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whichever video has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the end of the round, I ask a Walsh-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining video to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round.You must include both your answer and the video you wish to be immune in your post in order for it to count. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any video being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

Soda put all of Joe’s videos into a video player called JoeTube so you can familiarize yourself with them more easily. Of course, if you'd prefer links, they're linked from the JWO filmography!

So now – let’s have some fun and enjoy the game!

Videos eliminated:
    Space Age Whiz Kids 11/22
    The Radio Song 11/24
    I Can Play That Rock & Roll 11/30
    In My Car 12/2
    The Confessor 12/4
    Ordinary Average Guy 12/6

The game is over. Thanks for playing!

Congrats Life of Illusion!
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 12-04-2009 at 09:16 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe Walsh Music Videos Survivor Game

Okay folks – just a few notes about the Joe Music Videos Survivor Game. First of all, I had to start this earlier than usual because I’ve got plans with another Eagle tonight. However, to keep on schedule, the voting for Round 1 will end at 8:00 p.m. EST on Sunday. We will then play Round 2, and then pause the game for the Thanksgiving holiday celebrated here in the U.S. After that, the game will resume with Round 3 starting at 8:00 p.m. EST on Friday, 11/27. Don’t worry about remembering all of this now. Of course, I’ll post reminders as we go along. So hope everyone has fun and enjoys the game.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hmm, This is hard. I'll go with The Radio Song

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I gotta go with Space Age Whiz Kids. This is my least favorite of the chosen vids and one of my least favorite songs by Joe in general. I can see it go without feeling too bad.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Space Age Whiz Kids

I am going to agree with Rhonda on this one. My vote this round is for Space Age Whiz Kids.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Looks like my thoughts are about the same as others for this first round.

I vote for Space Age Whiz Kids.

EL -I actually have The Radio Song in my top 3.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

My vote is for In My Car. I get the point after 10 seconds and then it just repeats itself.

Well, it looks like Space Age Whiz Kids is on its way out, despite its 80s novelty charm.

I'm gonna say Life of Illusion. Joe looks adorable in his shorts and it's fun to see behind the scenes, but it's just footage from a photo shoot!

I cast my vote for Life of Illusion.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I hate to say it, but none of the video's are stellar IMO. I actually was at least a little amused by SPWK.

I'm voting for Life of Illusion. (Good song, but not such a great vid, IMO)