Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

Thanks! I realized the other day all my Eagle concerts have been in July.
    Hell Freezes Over-July 3, 1994, Dallas
    Long Road out of Eden-July 1, 2010, Little Rock
    HOTE-July 29, 2015,Bossier City

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the review, sjaros3. I agree with VA that it is so fun reading posts from new members of the board and real fans of the band rather than critics who do this for a living. Of course, as many of us here know, just because it's their job, doesn't necessarily compel these hired hands to get it right.

Anyway, welcome to The Border from me too. I'm so glad you loved the show and that seeing this incredible band was worth all of the effort you went through. On a personal note, I've made a few trips myself to see them.

And BTW, the guy that plays Felder's parts now is the amazingly talented, Steuart Smith from my home state, (Arlington) VA. Hope you enjoy it here on The Border.
    Thanks "dreamer" for telling me about Stew Smith, he really is a great guitarist.

And FWIW, VA is my home state too, was born in Newport News.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofHearts View Post
    Hi! I'm new to the boards. I went to the Bossier City concert and it was a great experience. I live more than two hours away in Southwest Arkansas. Bossier is actually closer to me than Little Rock. It was my third Eagles concert but first time with floor seats. It was an amazing show and the band showed a lot of energy for it to be the last stop on the tour. Lots of East Texans in the crowd because of the Henley connection.
    The highlights for me were hearing "Desperado Reprise" and "Train leaves here this morning" because I love that era. But all of the songs sounded great and the "history" lesson made it seem like an intimate show for such a large venue.
    Didn't get home until 3 a.m. but it was worth it.
    Wow! You and I had very different vantage points, as I was in nosebleed heaven, LOL. Glad you got to see the Eagles from the floor, I am jealous, though I enjoyed my seats as well.

Like you, I also had a long drive to see the concert (but from the opposite direction). Wasn't it worth it? The entire performance was outstanding. I was also very happy that they did a fuller reprise of Desperado in the encore, that has always been a favorite of mine as well.

Out on the Border

My very first Eagles concert (Hell Freezes Over) was in extreme nosebleed seats at Texas Stadium. But I wanted to be there anyway. I guess that's what we do to hear the bands we love!

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofHearts View Post
    My very first Eagles concert (Hell Freezes Over) was in extreme nosebleed seats at Texas Stadium. But I wanted to be there anyway. I guess that's what we do to hear the bands we love!
    No question! My seats were just fine, thoroughly enjoyed the show!

PS - the air conditioning was NOT an issue at this concert. I entered the building at around 7 PM, an hour before it started, and the building was nice and cold, and stayed that way through the entire show.

Guess the fact that the outside temperature was 101 degrees caused saner heads to prevail over the "no AC" or limited AC policy the band prefers.

I just want to put this review by J. Weaver linked earlier by VA here in its entirety before it's gone like the other review.

"On a rare occasion you do get the chance to attend a lifelong dream of a concert and for me the Eagles was “that” concert. Researchers say that lifelong musical attachments are made in our early teen years. Well, in my early teens the Eagles were weaving musical gold, great songs with five-part harmonies, the stuff a young musician’s dreams were made of. Not only was the material fun to play and in most cases relatively easy to learn, but if you played it well enough, it might just get you… lucky!

The Eagles were such a major influence on me and my lifelong musical tastes that I was really kind of bummed that I might not ever get the chance to see them in concert. Something always seemed to get in the way, work, home, money, life in general. It seems I was doomed to never get to see that band while it still had most of the original members — until Wednesday night in Bossier City at the Century-Tel Center.

Glenn Frey narrated the whole show and told the story of the Eagles, where everyone was from, bands they had been in before the Eagles, inspirations for different songs and more. It was awesome!

I was a little surprised at how many original Joe Walsh songs they played including “Funk 49″ from the James Gang, “Life’s Been Good” and then “Rocky Mountain Way” for one of the encore songs. Myself and the rest of the crowd loved it though, it was like two concerts in one.

Have I seen better concerts? Technically, yes. Better light shows? Definitely. Better musicianship? Yep. Better harmonies? Maybe. But very few concerts can I actually call a “life experience.” I have anticipated this show in my head for many years and to finally see it in person was a big check off my bucket list.

Thank you local boy Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmit, Joe Walsh and Bernie Leadon, and even though they weren’t on this tour Don Felder and Randy Meisner have all contributed to the greatness that was and still is the Eagles.

Yeah I’m calling it a “life experience.” Maybe not up to the importance of a marriage or death or birth, but it’s one concert out of Lord knows how many forgettable concerts. Only this is one that I will never forget."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Excellent review..happy his dream was realized. Also loved his props to Felder and Randy!

As the anniversary of this passed recently, all I could think of was how much I wish I could have been there to see this last show. Two years gone by... hard to believe.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

WOW - Reading all these wonderful reviews and comments brings tears to my eyes. How I wish I had been able to be there. So happy for those who were there and got to experience such a wonderful concert.

sjaros3 & QOH - Welcome ! It is so nice to have you here !
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 08-01-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Me too, Soda. But for me. It was during the week and I didn't want to drive to Bossier City. I should had made myself go. Heck I should had went when they were in Memphis and New Orleans, but I thought they'll be back next year. Boy was I wrong. They kept saying this could be our last tour, but I knew they always said that and they would be back. But I don't think they thought it went abruptly because of Glenn's death 6 months later. I don't think no one saw that coming.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley