Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Ten years ago today... hard to believe. Having a screwdriver right now, in fact.

Yep - Pebble Beach has been in my thoughts all week long. Today, as I was walking to the cafeteria to get lunch, I was thinking that this time 10 years ago, we were all over the golf course scouting out a place to buy a screwdriver for Glenn. Happy times! lol

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I saw something about Pebble Beach on the Sports news on the TV last night because an Irish golfer is playing there at the moment. Of course I couldn't help but think of Glenn and you guys and what a wonderful time you had there meeting him.
    We were at a tribute band show on Saturday night and I tried to get a screwdriver or a TS to honour Glenn but the barman seemed to only want to serve locals. After my husband was bypassed for about the 10th time we gave up! BUT I had a lovely TS last night and drank to Glenn for Pebble beach and Valentines Day
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

How I wish he'd done just one more year of Pebble.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This night 9 years ago I was lucky enough to be at the first LROOE show in London along with Mrs Frey, glenneaglesfan and my own Laura. What a wonderful show it was from start (How Long) to finish (Desperado)
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

What a wonderful memory.

And not wanting to hog the limelight in this thread but this night 11 years ago was also a Sunday. I went to see my first Eagles show ever. And a certain Mr Glenn Frey came out onto stage..... from that moment I was totally hooked on him right up to when he left us. And Beyond. Unbeknown to me at the time Desperada was also in the same arena enjoying her night with the Eagles too.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

No need to apologize. I'm glad you are sharing your memories here. It makes me all warm inside because remembering the happy times is what keeps us smiling, isn't it! What a great day that was! I wish I could have been there!

And I have another memory to share. I've been thinking about this all weekend. For a lot of us there are probably only a handful of events that one thinks 'I'd give anything to be back there again'. Family events, births, marriages, starting new careers, great moments in your life.

But for me, this date 2014 would be on of those days. The night in Liverpool, the last show in the UK/IRL leg of the European tour when the guys played their heart out. You could see how much fun they were having. They were loving it. From my front row seat with Desperada I watched them jumping around the stage during LITFL like a group of young lads. I remember thinking it was hard to believe they were in their late 60s and feeling like they would go on forever.

Then to have been given the drumsticks by Scott and the guitar picks by Glenn all in the space of a few minutes. Last to leave the arena and blowing x's to Don and Glenn while they laughed with (at!) us!!

Things were good at home, my parents were well, I was starting to seriously consider a career change or partial change. Life was very good. And I had one more show in Madison Square Garden to look forward too - it too was an amazing night with Soda Dreamer, HB, HH Desperada and many others. I had a feeling it would be my last Eagles show.

After that the cracks started appearing. They got worse and worse until January 2016 and what happened then......

So if I could have frozen my life at some time in this decade it would have been this evening 3 years ago....
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just hold on to that lovely memory and thank God you have it.

Glennsallnighter, as I read your beautiful account, my heart was breaking. Holding back tears here.
    You've been blessed with many gifts. Thank you for sharing.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you