Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Eagles Guitars (and a whole lotta info!)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Guitars (and a whole lotta info!)

Thank you for your contributions Austin. Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute here because I have zero knowledge about any musical instruments.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

WalshFan88
    You did a wonderful job on your guitar post. So much info. I remember back in the 60's it was common for people with 12 strings to tune them down a 1/2 step and capo the first fret or even a whole step and capo the second fret. This put the guitar back into the normal tuning but less tension on he strings, easier to play. Also the older 12 strings were known for breaking necks. They were just a 6 string body and neck that the maker converted into a 12 string. Now they are made from the start as a 12 string.
    I've been trying to figure out what electric 12 string Joe played in the HFO tour. He's playing it when Don is singing. I've got the tune in my head but can't think of the song now. Don refers to it is when the west was lost. Joe's guitar looks like a strat 12 string by what I can see of it in the video. Maybe a FSR model by the headstock.
    I love 12 strings and have a few of my own including a 1975 Ovation Deacon electric, Ovation 12 string, Gretsch electric 12, A Fender Strat 12 and my newest is a Seagull 12 string concert acoustic. Shoulder problems forced me to go to the smaller concert size guitar. A lot more comfortable to play.
    Once again I really enjoyed your post and went back recently and read all 18 pages.
    Thank you for doing all the work.

Thanks Dreamer and Scamp.

Scamp - I'll have to check and see what that was. I don't remember it off the top of my head.

I know if I haven't played for awhile I need to play my 6 string acoustic for at least a week straight before I pick up the 12 string. Definitely requires more grip strength but also thicker calluses.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

WalshFan88

The song is The Last Resort. Couldn't remember it the other day but it was in my head.
    You have to watch towards the end of the song you can see it the best. I'm thinking a ST- XII-MIJ. I know they made them starting in the mid 80's I think. Fender will decide to make run of them every so often.
    Its hard to get a good look at the headstock but towards the end of the song when they all gather around Scott you can see it better.

Just found this picture of Joe playing what looks like an Ernie Ball Bass with Stuart in Hoel California

https://images.equipboard.com/upload...69/24m4z5y.jpg

Found this picture on reverb. It looks similar to the one Joe is playing
    8C3C0F19-6F1A-446B-9698-E2CC0A2637A7.jpg
    Last edited by Scamp; 07-12-2023 at 11:44 AM.

That does look like an MIJ 12 String Stratocaster.

Also that's not an Ernie Ball bass he's playing - it's a Silhouette model that he's routed for Tele pickups. They don't come that way. They come with humbuckers.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I'm not that familiar with basses other than I like the sound of them. It figures with Joe it wouldn't be your normal run of the mill. LOL
    I noticed he doesn't play electric 12 strings anymore with the Eagles. They seem to have gotten away from it and use just a lot of acoustic 12's.