Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: History Of The Eagles Directors Cut?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: History Of The Eagles Directors Cut?

And more naked hippies, that woulda been great.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Was there enough to say, though, to spend as much time on the years 1994-2013? The only released 2 albums, if you count HFO as a full album, since it only had 4 new songs, compared to their output in the 70s. What I'd like to see is the extra footage that they obviously have...we had snippets of concerts, from the 70s to 2013, I'd love to see the full performances.
    They could have used more of the unreleased concert footage from the reunion years. We saw a brief snippet of HFO tour footage we hadn't seen before. We know how much they are sitting on. To me it was inexcusable that they raced through the reunion years so briefly. It confirmed what I suspected, that they had become a heritage act with no interest in creating anything new. That was why I was so uneasy with the whole 'History' concept for that last tour. And then Glenn died and they became a museum piece.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    And more naked hippies, that woulda been great.
    No kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    They could have used more of the unreleased concert footage from the reunion years. We saw a brief snippet of HFO tour footage we hadn't seen before. We know how much they are sitting on. To me it was inexcusable that they raced through the reunion years so briefly. It confirmed what I suspected, that they had become a heritage act with no interest in creating anything new. That was why I was so uneasy with the whole 'History' concept for that last tour. And then Glenn died and they became a museum piece.
    I agree they were largely a heritage act but I don’t they were completely that. I think as their responsibilities in their lives grew they weren’t willing to devote as much time to the band and thus limited them from being more creative and new. I think LROOE was still quite the achievement

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I agree they were largely a heritage act but I don’t they were completely that. I think as their responsibilities in their lives grew they weren’t willing to devote as much time to the band and thus limited them from being more creative and new. I think LROOE was still quite the achievement
    I said they became a heritage act AFTER LROOE, with the HOTE tour & documentary, when they almost pretended the album didn't exist.

The stuff about not being willing to devote as much time to the band hardly stands up when you talk about touring, does it.

They could have used more of the unreleased concert footage from the reunion years. We saw a brief snippet of HFO tour footage we hadn't seen before. We know how much they are sitting on. To me it was inexcusable that they raced through the reunion years so briefly.
    Agree with this. I thinkn there could have been so much more from 99-2001 with the Felder drama and Stu joining.

Border Desperado

I still want to see Netflix or Hulu do a 10 or 12 episode Limited Series on the Eagles. Talk about a great show!!!!!

I wish there was more from that period also. I know there is, but release it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    There is indeed more. Apparently, I heard (and I agree) that almost everything they performed live was recorded (from the beginning till presented). Henley and Azoff are just sitting on it, guarding it from everyone. It is a running gag among the Walsh and Felder fans to trash talk about Henley, Azoff and even Frey about copyright striking and unavailability of stuff esp. the ones who love the Eagles' renditions of Joe Walsh covers.

And btw, my friends might get some more footage of stuff like Giants Stadium (a full pro shot concert), amongst like more than 30 concerts. In the meantime, check out these links in order to slightly satiate your want for HFO tour performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiP3CAofk88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDcRQSG2gfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyu-8iGoW1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbfA4xbtqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ZQePWrB8Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9TaNyBxSQ
    The chemistry... nuff said

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I wish Don and Irving would open the vaults and release everything too. However, I will not hold my breath waiting for it to happen.
    All but two of the video are blocked.