Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1977 DC concert

Default Re: 1977 DC concert

Quote Originally Posted by luciknight View Post
    wonder if the whole show was filmed or only the songs we have seen on youtube.
    You guys know if the complete version was around the internet in the past?
    We know there was more because the documentary shows clips that aren’t in he released footage. There is one scene where it shows all of them on stage and Glenn, Felder and Walsh all have electric guitars in their hands. I don’t know what song they all played electric on (maybe Already gone) but it was definitely not a song played on the set list.

Though if they released the entire concert it would be truly amazing, all I’m asking for it Try and love again. That alone would be so awesome to see live

Here is how I feel about this. This is a bit cynical, so be warned.

The cynic in me says that Azoff and Henley are just too stingy to release it. Me (and my friends) think they released this in the first place, because they knew there was no bootleg of this concert in circulation. If there was, we would have never seen this concert at all.

Same reason why they chose to release The Forum 76 again for Hotel California 40th Anniversary. They thought there was nothing on the Internet available. But, after that, they got pwned. GaryB, had a cassete of The Forum 76. He gave it to GEMS and it got released. And we now have it! Eat that Azoff! I however question whether he was the only one who had it, as I saw the Forum 76 on a Japanese site, same night, but don't know if it was recorded by someone else. By now they probably know that a night is available, and most probably will never release stuff from that series of 3 nights.

But back to Capital Center. There are only two ways to get more songs: 1) They release more stuff for like some anniversary (like to celebrate the album's Golden Jubilee?) Or 2) someone who has a bootleg should give it up and share. But there are many Eagles fans who are stingy with their bootlegs, so we will never know.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I don't think many of us would complain if they realeased the entire concert, but I think it's doubtful that they will. But then again, I could send them a pretty long list of concerts that I would love to have.

cosec - I personally don't have a problem with bootlegs and have a fairly large collection myself. However, I do have a problem with people selling them for profit. I can also understand where some fans object to them on principle though - after all they are illegal.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think that the whole show was filmed because (although I'm not an expert) I just don't see the point in recording just a few songs. Songs that they've released are probably the most known and iconic Eagles songs, with only Despeardo and maybe Witchy Woman missing.
    I would really like to listen to the whole thing and I hope they will release it one day (or someone may find the bootleg too). Actually, I'd be happy if they let us see Try and Love Again.

By the way, cosec, are you sure that nothing was available on the internet? Hotel California was shown on Old Gray Whistle Test but with different camera angles and different (probably clear audio). I haven't seen anything else, though.

I feel that if there bottom line was to make as much profit as they can they would release. If they don’t well something else is behind their decision. But hopefully we can get it. I think the fact they combined footage to make the released material is a bad sign for us sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I don't think many of us would complain if they realeased the entire concert, but I think it's doubtful that they will. But then again, I could send them a pretty long list of concerts that I would love to have.

cosec - I personally don't have a problem with bootlegs and have a fairly large collection myself. However, I do have a problem with people selling them for profit. I can also understand where some fans object to them on principle though - after all they are illegal.
    This may be offensive but I really feel Henley and Azoff have enough money and release little to nothing. So I feel bootlegs are the only thing to experience their live selfs. They don't give us anything, what are we supposed to do?

And I would love to know which concerts you would love to have. Which are they? While anything pre HFO I'll want, I specifically want these:

1) Any other night of 1976 The Forum
    2) 1976 ASU
    3) 1977 Madison Square Garden
    4) 1977 Capital Center (any night)
    5) 1977 London (Prairie Light Fantasia)
    6) 1977 Alpine Valley (any night)
    7) Some other 1978 concert
    1979 Omni
    9) 1979 Capital Center
    10) 1980 The Forum (full concert)
    11) Anything from 1976, 77, 79 and 80
    12) SB or PRO's of HFO tour

A sad thing is, purchasing is still needed for certain bootlegs. Thanks to purchasing, we will soon get 1994 Giants Stadium video, and other things. Heck we might get 1980 Santa Monica video!

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    I think that the whole show was filmed because (although I'm not an expert) I just don't see the point in recording just a few songs. Songs that they've released are probably the most known and iconic Eagles songs, with only Despeardo and maybe Witchy Woman missing.
    I would really like to listen to the whole thing and I hope they will release it one day (or someone may find the bootleg too). Actually, I'd be happy if they let us see Try and Love Again.

By the way, cosec, are you sure that nothing was available on the internet? Hotel California was shown on Old Gray Whistle Test but with different camera angles and different (probably clear audio). I haven't seen anything else, though.
    Lol I really hate the songs they released. They only released the cliché songs which a casual will know. Why couldn't they release Victim of Love, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Try and Love Again, Turn to Stone, and even fricking Life's been Good????? When I saw the setlist, I was livid with rage! I just wanted to hold Azoff at gunpoint and force him to give it up. I just really hope a stingy septuagenarian isn't holding the concert and shares it.

And about that video, it is nothing special. It was a music video regularly on repeat during the hey-days of VH1 and MTV in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post

A sad thing is, purchasing is still needed for certain bootlegs. Thanks to purchasing, we will soon get 1994 Giants Stadium video, and other things. Heck we might get 1980 Santa Monica video!
    How much for that 80 Santa Monica concert? A kidney? Got one!

But srsly, maybe if we find someone who's got the whole 77 show we can... bribe them? lol
    C'mon, person! Come out and tell us how much you want for it!
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Well one thing that bothers me is that it’s proven there are people with I think 4 unreleased songs from on the border. They have that plus different versions of songs from the album as well. Someone on here has listened to them. I really want to hear them