Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 1977 DC concert

Default Re: 1977 DC concert

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    SS - Kinda before my time. What kind of group was it then ?
    I read on wikipedia he was a beat poet, a folk singer, and wrote the Manson book "The Family". I saw he is almost 80 now. Do you know why the book on the Eagles was never completed by him ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fugs

Idk why it wasn't completed, but Henley has that manuscript
    Last edited by Scarlet Sun; 03-31-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Interesting - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's. According to an old article I read on him, he lived with Glenn and JD when he was doing research for a book on the Manson family he was writing. If I remember right(sorry I read it so long ago), some nuts from the family came to Glenn & JD's house to harass Sanders. Glenn would throw glass milk bottles at them to chase them away.
    Sanders was hired to write a biography type book on the band. I think, but am not sure, it was completed but just never published. Maybe another border member knows something. Soda ? Dreamer ? FP ?
    I remember this now, thanks.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Wait. Mind playing tricks on you! Plot twist: You actually saw the first letter of the second line and it is actually Already Gone. According to setlist.fm, that was the second song. Opened with Hotel, then Already Gone and then Victim of Love
    I don't see that. I am guessing the first initialism at the top is 'HC' for Hotel California, then the second song is two words which I cannot make out, thought the second does not look like 'Gone'. It also doesn't help that the setlists band use on stage are rarely unabridged, they normally just consist of one or two unique words from a title.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Hi NKIT! Can you tell what it says? This could settle the debate on what was performed or not. Thanks!
    I've captured the screen using PrtSc option and then I have used 'red eye tool' in Photoscape in order to get a more clear view of that piece of paper. There are two pictures, one can be seen during OOTN (that's the one you mentioned a few days ago) and I've found the other durign TITL.

Here are the pics, although I have to say that I had them in a better quality; but when I've saved them they became more blurry (it usually happen when using Photoscape).

https://imgur.com/0U4h4F9
    https://imgur.com/77TtxTA
    https://i.imgur.com/dcdAcOV.jpg

I managed to read this:
    1. Hotel California - initialism
    2. Walk Away - I'm still struggling with the first word, but I'm hundred percent positive that the other word says 'Away'. The first word is smiliar to the other when talking abouth length and first letter looks like 'W'.
    3. ??? - Almost impossible to read, although I'm pretty sure the title consists of two words with both about six to eight letters long.
    4. Try and Love Again (?) - I can't guarantee it's TALA but it looks really possible. First of all, the title consists of four words and first one definitely is a three letter word. On top of that, first letter really looks like 'T'.
    5. Lyin' Eyes - I can read 'yes' in the second word and there is only one letter in front so it makes it pretty obvious.
    6. CROSSED
    7. ??? (one word, probably another abbrevation, last letter looks like T)
    8. New Kid in Town - It had trouble reading this one but it seems to me that it says 'New Kid'. Thelastresort mentioned that it's not strange to use shortened title.
    9. ??? (looks like one word, possibly Desperado or just another abbrevation or shortened title)
    10. ??? (longer title, TITL or OOTN maybe)
    11. Turn to Stone (?) - First word really looks like 'Turn' and title is consisted of three words.
    12. Already Gone (?) - Second letter of second word is probably 'G', length is similar.
    13. PARTIALLY CROSSED
    14. CROSSED
    15. PARTIALLY CROSSED
    16. ??? (probably a three word title)
    17. Witchy Woman (?) - First word looks like 'Witchy' and overall length of title is OK.

---GAP---

Wow, thanks Claret! I knew if I put it out there then someone here could make some sense of it!! That is definitely more than I could come up with.

ETA: I so hope you are right about TALA, that's so great that it was performed and some people were able to hear it live!!
    Last edited by East Texas Girl; 04-02-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Claret and ETG, kudos to both of you for noticing these details! And Claret, you must have incredible eyesight b/c I can’t read any of those titles. Thanks for linking.

If TALA is on the setlist, it makes me hope even more fervently that the whole concert was filmed and that it will be released one day.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Very cool! I am going to need to download the app to see all this but I wanted to express my appreciation for the info.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I wonder if someone could check the documentary which has the extra footage to see if there are better shots of the set list

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Claret and ETG, kudos to both of you for noticing these details! And Claret, you must have incredible eyesight b/c I can’t read any of those titles. Thanks for linking.
    Ironically, I can't live without my glasses.
    Pictures I got after print screening were a little bit better in terms of quality (Photoscape is a decent software but pictures lose quality when you edit them so that's the reason for extra blurriness) and I've managed to zoom them so I could read some letters of each word . Luckily, that was enough to figure out the whole title in some of the cases.

YEF - that's a good idea, I might do that when I get time.