Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scenes from the Goldmine

Default Re: Scenes from the Goldmine

MC I agree with you about Timothy being shy. At his solo show he seemed so happy to be there, but I felt like he was a little nervous. That makes him all the more endearing to me.

For those who didn't catch it when it was still on Netflix, you can find it on youtube ( in pieces, of course). Here's the link to part one:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDM2-voMiyM[/ame]

Glad it hasn't been completely lost to the dustbin of history because it's his only acting role, but for anyone who watches it, you might want to just fast-forward the parts without Timothy. Otherwise, you're in for some major suffering. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Sorry SS, I just laughed out loud when you asked about his acting...not much acting going on there... Some playing bass, some standing around, a little silliness. It really is a bad movie! But yes, he looks beautiful, and happy. One thing I've noticed about Timothy that I've never said because I don't want people to get mad at me is that despite his comments that he always wanted to be up on stage in front of people, it seems to me that he appears to be uncomfortable when he is the center of attention. Maybe it's not uncomfortable, but very self-aware - I don't know how to put it. I did not see him on his solo tour, and I'm sure that those who were in the room would probably have another perspective, but from all of the videos I've seen, it seems that he is truly very shy and maybe nervous, even after all of these years of performing. When he is performing with Poco or the Eagles he is rockin and in his element and very confident. As soon as the focus shifts to him and he has to speak, even for band intros, he just seems...shy. That's how I see his acting, including in his videos - he is enjoying it, but is self-conscious. This is not remotely a criticism, just an observation of his sweetness - he does not have a strong personality that takes over the room. Just my observation, I'm sure others have a different image of him.
    I laughed when I read your response. I do get the same feeling about TBS's personality. And he can seem nervous solo (I only know from YT clips) but that is quite a big deal for someone who's always been in a band rather than leading a band. But this line from Secular Praise makes me wonder:

'Some people think I'm shy'

It implies that he knows he gives that impression but that maybe it is just an impression. Interesting. I think he knows his mind, his worth, but is not egotistic but grounded and grateful for his talents.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-in-glory.html

[QUOTE=secret squirrel;264805]

It implies that he knows he gives that impression but that maybe it is just an impression.

good point ss, like he said somewhere"I'm shy until you get to know me and I'm the party after that"

[quote=bluefeather;264828]
    Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post

It implies that he knows he gives that impression but that maybe it is just an impression.

good point ss, like he said somewhere"I'm shy until you get to know me and I'm the party after that"
    Oh did he really say that? That's interesting. I think a lot of shy people are the same. I know I am. Shy with people I don't know.

SS
    xx

on the Eagles Fastlane -message board there is a Timothy-thread that has good quotes from him, I found it there

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    I laughed when I read your response. I do get the same feeling about TBS's personality. And he can seem nervous solo (I only know from YT clips) but that is quite a big deal for someone who's always been in a band rather than leading a band. But this line from Secular Praise makes me wonder:

It implies that he knows he gives that impression but that maybe it is just an impression. Interesting. I think he knows his mind, his worth, but is not egotistic but grounded and grateful for his talents.

SS
    xx
    I agree with you, ss. I don't think Timothy is insecure. I think he is just naturally quiet & unassuming, with an underlying self confidence.

I would love to be with him at a party. I bet he is attentive yet fun and people like that are infectious to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    on the Eagles Fastlane -message board there is a Timothy-thread that has good quotes from him, I found it there
    Hadn't heard of that. Will try to find it. Cheers.

SS
    xx