Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I got a nice surprise today. A good friend of mine is moving house and came across an old box of LPs - including Hotel California and Eagles Greatest Hits (vol 1). Needless to say she knew who to give them to! I love the sound from vinyl. Price tickets were still on them - £5.99 and £5.90 respectively - those were the days!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

They were indeed!! Lovely treat for you DD!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Do, very cool!

I'm on vacation this week and doing not much! Two hour dentist appointment Monday, hair Tuesday, swimming this afternoon with my grandson. Tomorrow take cat to vet for shots and off to town to schedule carpet job for our rental house.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dammit I did worse on my Second SAT's I did 10 points better on the Math but worse on the Reading which I normally do well on. Got to take it again in October. Going to start studying out of my book today. Record a Bass track for a cover of ICTYW and already did some writing around my riff which is completely different then originally. I have to at least get a 990 or 1000 on the next one or for the School I want to go to. Applications are due in December. :Censored: studying so hard for me because of my Attention difficulties. 35 minuets today after I workout.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I got a nice surprise today. A good friend of mine is moving house and came across an old box of LPs - including Hotel California and Eagles Greatest Hits (vol 1). Needless to say she knew who to give them to! I love the sound from vinyl. Price tickets were still on them - £5.99 and £5.90 respectively - those were the days!!!
    Just saw this DD - that's a great friend you have!! If only everything was as cheap these days. ....
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's cool about those records, DD.

Best of luck on studying for the SATs, TM. I opted to take a free test in lieu of the SATs when I applied to the college I'm attending.

My grandmother is slowly getting over her shingles. They're better than than they were, but it's going to take some time.

I've entered the finals period for this semester. I only have one final exam, but I have a project, a final draft of an essay, and a 238 question review exam for the final exam all due by Monday. I've already completed mpleted the essay. I'm about halfway done with both the project and review exam. The project is worth 25% of my final grade, so it's a bit stressful to complete, but I've gotten positive feedback from my teacher for what I've done so far.

My current avatar sums up what I'll be doing on Monday night when this semester will officially be over.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Really good luck AG95! I hope it goes well. Really good luck to TM too. I know the feeling all too well, I've lost count of how many exams I've done by now! It is always nice to finish.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Forgot until now to say I'll be away for the next couple of weeks - I should have internet access but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get on the forum in that time. If it seems as though I've 'gone quiet', everything's okay!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I just had a scary thing happen to me. As ya'll know, I have cerebral palsy. As I was walking into my bedroom a little while ago, and my left knee completely gave out on me. I fell down onto the floor. I'm ok, but that has me a little concerned given how young I am.

There's also something going on within my family, and it's not good. My mom and grandma got into a huge fight earlier, and they're not on friendly terms at the moment. I hope that it'll blow over soon, or else, there's a good possibility that I might not be able to go college this semester.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

JCL: Enjoy your break.

AG95: I hope things work out for you in all ways. I'm sure your mom & grandma want the best for you; if you talk to them about college they may well put their differences behind them for the sake of your future.