Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Don and Stevie

Default Re: Don and Stevie

I was looking on OWN Network website to watch Stevie's episode on Oprah's Masterclass (which is not on Youtube anymore) and I found this clip on the website. I don't remember if this clip was in the episode, but she says Don's name at the end of the clip(I remembered her talking about Lindsey and their break up, but I don't remember if she brought up Don's name).

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-clas...Break-Up-Video
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-09-2014 at 02:24 AM.

I'm not sure if this is "off-topic," but even though I agree that Stevie and Don had/have chemistry, but I've read in a couple of different sources that Stevie has said Joe Walsh was the 'love of her life," which is strange given her extensive history with Lindsay and Don...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Hair View Post
    I'm not sure if this is "off-topic," but even though I agree that Stevie and Don had/have chemistry, but I've read in a couple of different sources that Stevie has said Joe Walsh was the 'love of her life," which is strange given her extensive history with Lindsay and Don...
    Stevie and Joe have their very own thread and I'm sure that was discussed (I know I've seen it somewhere).
    https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=209

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome Raven Hair - and, yes, the topic has been discussed on the board numerous times - may even be something mentioned earlier in this thread, but I don't have time to search right now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't know about all of the talk about Stevie Nicks and rock-era romance, to put two words in the same sentence, but I always did think that Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham were a great couple, even with the Rumors album and the terrible conflicts and breakups within Fleetwood Mac's social whirl.

I know this has been posted before but it's been a while, and I was just re-reading it today...

Stevie was in New York during the 911 attacks - it happened in the middle of one of her tours. She decided to keep touring, but it was hard. Who did she call for support? Among others, Don Henley, and I love what he said to her.

From her journal which she posted on her official site:

September 18th, 2001
    Tuesday Morning
    Washington, D.C.
    4:15 a.m.

We just came in from Columbus, OH. Today was a very bad day for me. It’s almost too much for me to bear out here… I called my Mom, and I called my friend, Don Henley for a pep talk. Don says, the Eagles are recording but it is very hard now. At first he said, “Just come home, honey”, but after a minute, he said, “Are people coming to the shows?” I said, “Yes.” The he said, “Well, Stevie, if you can gut it out, and make people happy for a minute, then try and stay out there.” I heard him….
    When my Mom answered the phone, I burst into tears and said, “I don’t know if I can stay out here, I’m having a really hard time.” She said, “Stevie, I have had at least 10 phone calls from Atlantic City saying they loved it, and that you totally cheered them up!” “Honey, if you can finish this tour, think of how many hearts that you can lift up…That is what YOU can do for your country ~ This is your gift. So if you can possibly figure a way to get through this, then do it. I know you can do this. You are that strong.”
    So we did the show tonight in Columbus, and it was good, love conquers all, people were happy –
    I just have to hang on…
    Thank you God, Mom & Don for getting me through this day ~

Love,
    Stevie Nicks

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

That's lovely, Soda. My estimation of Don's character just keeps rising
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

A very touching story and very fitting. Thanks for sharing it again.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for posting that, I love how sweet he is with Stevie ~ he still calls her honey. Aw. Also it shows how much he cares about making fans happy, he sees music as more than just a job, it's a way to help people. That makes me love Don even more.
    ~Sara