Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

I don't believe I've ever had that combination before...maybe I'll try it It does sound a bit odd, but then again, it was the 70's!

Wink Re: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

I'll take peaches in champagne thank you, I'll leave the ice cream for the rest of you .

To get back on subject this Reunion would be a great time to release a CD and DVD combo. Maybe we should let it be known that it would be welcomed by the fans?!? It would be a wonderful memory of much happier times I think for everyone. An this time Timothy and even Paul would be on it.

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Border Desperado

Well, now we know he was called right?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXCBmcKWHOU&feature=related[/ame]

I am glad for Poco because for the first time in Centurys they have the right timing to release something. I mean now Eagles LROOE is no News, either any Eagles reunion even Tour. Since the launch of TIE early 70s' to this Date they always seemed to strugle with Eagles shadow, Not right now with their 2009 Reunion, so I am glad for Paul, Rusty & Co.
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Wink Re: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

So wonderful to see George doing so well and Timothy with him .

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Out on the Border

Question Re: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

Poco may have never become a household name, but the pioneering country rock group's influence is felt across American music, from the Eagles to Pure Prairie League and a host of modern acts performing alt-country.
    Now the band is having a special reunion at Stagecoach on Sunday with the current incarnation of the lineup: Rusty Young, Paul Cotton, Jack Sundrud and George Lawrence, plus founding members Richie Furay and former Colton resident Jim Messina, as well as Eagles' bassist and former Poco player Timothy B. Schmit. Drummer George Grantham will also be there, although he won't perform because of a stroke a few years ago.
    "It's going to be a one-of-a-kind evening," Young said in a recent telephone interview.
    The band formed from the ashes of Buffalo Springfield, which featured Furay, Messina and also included some guys named Neil Young and Stephen Stills.
    Poco's 1969 record "Pickin' Up the Pieces" blazed a path between country and rock music. Loved by critics, Poco never broke huge, but it did have hits with "Crazy Love" and "Heart of the Night."
    "It's been a great ride," Young said. "We didn't sell 85 million records and we don't fly around in Lear jets and we don't have homes in four different countries, but it's really great."

I was looking through the archives and came across this thread. I thought I'd add what I knew.

Rusty Young and Jim Messina were the ones who initiated the reunion. They called Timothy but he wasn't interested in getting back with them. After that they decided to make it a reunion of the original members.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Thanks for the info, whitcap. Wonder why Timothy wasn't interested? With no Eagles reunion in sight and his own work not doing well, you'd think he'd want back in - unless he had some personal issues with the other guys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Since I have your blessing Soda, here it is to others who would like it: http://www.geocities.com/klmeps/

I'm sure some others have seen this site... but for those who haven't have fun reading. I just like to hear his thoughts as things were happening...as opposed to hearing things after the fact or in hindsight. TBS had a little edge to him, which I just adored!
    I do realize it's a sort of late message - but can anybody tell me how to find those interviews? Unfortunatelly, the link doesn't work anymore (the site doesn't exist). Being a new member of The Border I didn't have a chance to look there back in 2009
    Gee, I feel like a sponge that is ready to take in anything about Timothy!

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

I'd like to hear it too

I think that site is the old URL for this site, unless I'm mistaken.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten