Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: computers

Default Re: computers

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Is there an easy way to delete pictures from your Camera Roll or photostream on the iphone without having to manuslly delete them one by one? I have saved them to my computer and need to free up space. I don't use a mac (yet........ Hubby..... Christmas is coming.... hint).
    You can reset your Photo Stream by going into iCloud and it will delete everything in there.

Otherwise, no solution I'm aware of.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Is there an easy way to delete pictures from your Camera Roll or photostream on the iphone without having to manuslly delete them one by one? I have saved them to my computer and need to free up space. I don't use a mac (yet........ Hubby..... Christmas is coming.... hint).
    I just plug my iphone up to computer (as when you're saving them). And while the camera roll folder is still open (and after you're done saving), go to "Organize" drop down menu, then click on "Select All", then back up to the "Organize" menu, and select "Delete". This removes all the pics from the phone's camera roll. At least it works for me. Hope this helps!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

For those who use Firefox, if you've upgraded to version 16, Mozilla is recommending you go back to version 15 or stop using Firefox.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/trending/..._concerns.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

OK techies...Do I need to get Windows 8?

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    OK techies...Do I need to get Windows 8?
    I'm always a "late adopter" anyway...but from all the talk I've heard about it, I think I'm sticking with 7 until the last possible moment...and if I replace this PC, I'm probably looking at a Mac Mini anyway

FWIW, The PC and laptop I use at school are still on XP and are working absolutely fine

Yeah - I'd say give Windows 8 some time to work the bugs out before getting it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah - I'd say give Windows 8 some time to work the bugs out before getting it.
    Soda has it absolutely right. Plus, Zelda, isn't your computer brand new? Upgrading from 7 to 8 is no trivial thing and besides the $$$ of upgrading, you should have it done professionally. Even then it probably won't be done right. The drivers, etc on your computer that were put on by your manufacturer to make things work like the DVD drive, etc, probably won't work with Windows 8, and will need to be upgraded as well. It's possible your manfacturer doesn't even have all the new drivers available.

I have Windows 7 and I can't see upgrading until I buy my next laptop.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

omg I had no idea it was such a big deal to do...and yeah I'm still learning Windows 7...so I'm glad I don't even need to think about it then!...Thanks

I hate W8 with a passion. It's just too different.

Both MS and Apple are trying to make their Desktop OS more like their own Mobile OS's in order to try to make it more "popular" or appealing. I don't know about others but I like my desktop/laptop to be my computer, my phone to be a phone, and my tablet to be a tablet. I do NOT want the same experience across all three.

Trying to put my Apple bias aside, I still think they are going about it the right way. They are adding iOS features into Mac OS X but they aren't A- forcing it on you and B- redesigning it to look identical and vastly different.

I have a belief about Windows that has proven true for me over the years. Every other version is great. XP was great, Vista sucked, 7 was great, 8 will suck. And so on. Some were ok with Vista but they obviously weren't supporting those machines like I did because it was a major headache. The biggest Microsoft Windows failure other than Windows ME....
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I hate W8 with a passion. It's just too different.

I have a belief about Windows that has proven true for me over the years. Every other version is great. XP was great, Vista sucked, 7 was great, 8 will suck. And so on. Some were ok with Vista but they obviously weren't supporting those machines like I did because it was a major headache. The biggest Microsoft Windows failure other than Windows ME....
    Interesting statement. I was talking to a sales guy in Apple a few weeks ago and he was saying he only buys every SECOND model of Apple products. Like he had an iphone 4 so would not upgrade to 4S. Similarly had an iPad2 so was not getting the new iPad but would wait for the obe after!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP