Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

I take the view that you can't let that sort of thing affect your opinion of a team unless it's a team you already dislike. Of course Palace are the Eagles & of course they play in red & blue similar to Barcelona & close to the Sydney Roosters rugby league team (red, white & blue). So they are hard to dislike even without the tenuous connection I have with them. Liverpool ruined their own season. They didn't need help. They now have Sterling on the verge of leaving because he wants to win trophies. This attitude annoys me. How can a club besides the usual winners ever win a trophy if all the players felt that way? Some things take time.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!!!! A Triple Crown Winner! What an awesome race he ran. It wasn't even close! Talk about a super horse!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!!!! A Triple Crown Winner! What an awesome race he ran. It wasn't even close! Talk about a super horse!
    I turned on the tv just in time to watch it. First time in 37 years and only the 12th time done!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I enjoyed watching the Champions League final last night - it was very good and competitive match. Barcelona were worthy winners in the end but Juventus pushed them all the way and I thought 3-1 slightly flattered Barca (although nowhere near as much as Real Madrid's 4-1 win over Atletico Madrid in last year's final flattered them). I certainly wouldn't mind if Juventus won next year, they have a quality team and Bayern Munich did win in 2013 after losing the previous year's final. Oddly no club has retained this trophy since AC Milan a quarter of a century, in its previous (unpretentious) guise as the European Cup.

I have to say I was pleased that Luis Suarez got the winning goal (if we are talking only about his football and not his, ahem... 'controversies', as a famous Liverpool FC banner once read, 'form is temporary, class is permanent'). I was also happy to see Xavi win the trophy in his final match for Barcelona although I felt sorry for Andrea Pirlo, the classy Juventus midfielder who is also leaving his club.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    ... although I felt sorry for Andrea Pirlo, the classy Juventus midfielder who is also leaving his club.
    I echo this sentiment, however I was more upset for Buffon: at least Pirlo has won it twice previously, whereas for Gigi, arguably the greatest goalkeeper of the last 20 years, last night was pretty much now or never.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

CONGRATS TO AMERICAN PHAROAH!!!

And - the triple crown drought has ended. And what an impressive way to end it! As you said, VA ... a super horse indeed!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I read that at least right now, Zayat plans on racing him again next year. That may change, but it would be pretty cool if it can be done. I also read that the jockey, Espinosa, has donated his winnings to a cancer organization, I forget which one.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

for American Pharoah! Very cool to finally have another triple crown winner!

VA, I heard that on the Today Show this morning, too! I hope he can, if it doesn't hurt him.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

"Report: St. Louis Cardinals investigated for hacking"

Brooke - I just went online to one of the Houston tv stations to find out about TS Bill and the above is the headline.

It goes on to say that the Cardinals reportedly tried to steal Houston's internal information, like scouting reports as well as discussions about player transactions. The FBI's Houston field office is leading the investigation and has served the Cardinals and Major League Baseball with subpoenas seeking electronic correspondence.

Forget about the tropical storm and anticipated flooding, the city of Houston is wanting more info on this.

Is anything being said in the St Louis area?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, I just saw it too! Will have to investigate!

And be safe throughout the storm!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten