Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Well, I think Mike Campbell is a big friend of Joe's, and Mike has worked with DH and the Eagles, so I think it's fair to say that the Eagles (including Joe) and the Heartbreakers are on very good terms.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well, I think Mike Campbell is a big friend of Joe's, and Mike has worked with DH and the Eagles, so I think it's fair to say that the Eagles (including Joe) and the Heartbreakers are on very good terms.
    Thanks for that information, WalshFan! Did not know this.

Banned

Here's Joe (slide guitar) and Tom (bass guitar), along with Jeff Lynne and Jim Keltner, backing up Ringo Starr performing his tribute to John Lennon, I Call Your Name about 25 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pifIkxmXXYg

It seems all the classic rock acts are pairing up nowadays. It allows them to fill stadiums instead of smaller theaters. Yes, they have to split the money now, but the net must be still larger for them to agree to it (probably due at least in part to the fact that the longer rows mean that they can sell more VIP tickets).

I'm not saying friendship has nothing to do with it, of course, but I think in the end it's about the dollar.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

AXS.TV says that the AXS channel will be having a "Guitar Gods Marathon" tomorrow the 17th. Joe will be featured on a show called "Guitar Center Sessions" from 2014 with performance and interview segments. It will air at 1:30pm Eastern and 10:35pm Eastern time. In between they will have assorted shows on the Allman Bros., Cream, and a new show on Eric Clapton.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I forgot that was coming on this weekend. I remembered seeing the commercial about that.

I better set my DVR because I'm going to forget when it comes on. I've seen seen Joe's Guitar Center Sessions episode. I saw a few video clips on YouTube and that's it.

I set mine to automatically record everything with "Joe Walsh" in the description. Sometimes things slip through the net, but I hope it caught this one!

I found this great article about Joe from a 2012 issue of GuitarWorld. I searched most of this thread and didn't find it, although I did see the hard-copy referenced. There's some good stuff here I didn't know about (granted, I'm no Joe expert). I was surprised to learn he was a friend of Dottie West, whose husband invented the talk box and showed it to Joe. There's some interesting tidbits about Hotel California which I'm posting in the HC thread.

“I was friends with Dottie West, the country singer, and her family,” he explains. “And any time the James Gang played Nashville, we’d go over to Dottie’s. A bunch of songwriters and people like Chet Atkins would come over and we’d pass the guitar around and everybody would have a play. It was a traditional Nashville kind of a thing. And Dottie’s husband was Bill West, a great pedal-steel player but also an inventor.

“He had invented the talk box by placing a speaker driver, the back part of a speaker, in a cardboard box and connecting a piece of surgical tubing to it. So the sound came up the surgical tubing. "Then he wrapped the cardboard box in electrical tape. A guy named Pete Drake used it once in the Fifties for a song called ‘Forever,’ and then it went back in Bill West’s garage for 20 years. So we were at Dottie’s with her family and all, passing guitars around.

“Bill came out of the garage and gave this thing to me. I said, ‘What is it?’ He said, ‘Well, just take it home and plug it in, put the tubing in your mouth and plug it into your speaker jack. I don’t know exactly what it is.’
    Also, Don F wasn't the only one who learned some slide guitar from Duane Allman:
    The track was also a showcase for Walsh’s distinctive slide guitar style, something that would become a key element of his work from that point forward. “Duane Allman had showed me open E tuning and given me a Corcidin bottle, the glass bottle slide that he used,” Walsh says. “So I had been practicing slide guitar for a long time. And ‘Rocky Mountain Way’ was really my coming out song on slide, having learned all that Duane taught me and practiced for a year. That was my ‘Hey, I play slide too!’ song.”

While Walsh started his slide journey with a Corcidin bottle — a receptacle for Corcidin cough syrup, infamous for its potential misuse as a narcotic — he had moved on to a chrome slide to record “Rocky Mountain Way,” applying it to an open-tuned Les Paul through a tweed Fender Champ amp. A consummate slide stylist, his choice of slide materials varies according to the tone he’s after.
    "Joe Walsh Discusses His Career, Gear and New Album, 'Analog Man'", http://www.guitarworld.com/interview...bum-analog-man

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for the link as well as the highlights. Love the photo of Joe they used!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Joe is on TMZ, it was posted at 11:00 PST.