Page 147 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's an article about last night's event that Don was at honoring Jim Ed Norman in Nashville. I wonder if Don is going to stay in Nashville or fly back home and coming back for the event on Monday.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...rman/80862596/

This was a nice surprise to see last night around 2:00 AM, wicked storms were blowing through.
    I would imagine he would stay in Nashville since he would probably be back again on Sunday. I am sure he would want to rehearse the band since they haven't played together in awhile. I only noticed Steuart Smith there last night. I thought he sounded just fine.

When I was listening to the video, it sounded like they had a piano player there too. So I don't know if Michael or Will was there. The girls look new.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    When I was listening to the video, it sounded like they had a piano player there too. So I don't know if Michael or Will was there. The girls look new.
    The ladies were most likely session players brought in just for this & possibly the weekend. I haven't seen/heard anything about him taking Cass County back on the road. It's almost March. If he is planning anything for the summer I would think tour dates would have to come out very soon. I think I bought mine in August for November.

He probably won't go back to touring until the summer or fall time. Now that I'm starting my new job next week, I'm definitely going to save to go to one of his shows whenever Don do go back on tour. I'm just worried he's going to retire sooner rather than much much much later down the road.

Well he is going to be 69. I can't see him totally retiring but then you never know. I sort of pictures him along the lines of Tony Bennett doing a few select dates every year. We can hope can't we!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'd be shocked if Don retired based on his comments he made when promoting Cass County last fall. I would think he would tour some more for Cass County later this year; however, if he waits too long, it may not be promoted as a Cass County tour.

I think Don will have to spend a lot of time focusing on pending Eagles business now that Glenn would have normally dealt with. It's hard to say how much of his time that will require.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Thanks! I agree that he's probably staying in Nashville a few days due to his additional appearance on the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'd be shocked if Don retired based on his comments he made when promoting Cass County last fall. I would think he would tour some more for Cass County later this year; however, if he waits too long, it may not be promoted as a Cass County tour.

I think Don will have to spend a lot of time focusing on pending Eagles business now that Glenn would have normally dealt with. It's hard to say how much of his time that will require.
    Yes. Don is essentially the sole custodian of the Eagles now. Azoff will help handle the nuts and bolts of the business aspects, of course, but the rest is on Don's shoulders.

However, I do think that he'll still bill a tour as Cass County even if it's as late as a year after the album's release. That's what Glenn did with his After Hours tour in Australia.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I can't stop thinking back to this incident last year.

Don's birthday present to Glenn. In hindsight, realising that Glenn was possibly in a coma at the time, it goes a long way in showing Don's tremendous respect for his musical brother.

Maybe his worries for Glenn also explains why Don dropped (I Like) Where I Am Now from his set list, halfway through the tour.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...x-theatre-show

I hope re posting the link will help me "Get Over It"

Stuck on the Border

That's a good though about "Where I Am Now". If you believe setlist.fm, he sang it last on 2nd Nov, dropping it from the 3rd Nov show. The postponement Kennedy Centre Honors was anounced on 4th Nov.

I saw on Facebook that Don will be playing at Hyde Park with Carol King on I think July 3rd. If anyone in England can confirm this????