Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Out on the Border

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

So I'm at Starbucks a bit ago and I a hear voice from the speaker that sounds just like Henley, but nothing I've heard before. It was a killer ballad. The repeating line was "But oh, we were younger, that was before you and I". Could be "A Younger Man". No background vocals, so that fits. I'm not sure how Starbucks would have it already. Either way, it was really good. I think it was Henley, though.

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Then I think I need to go to Starbucks. A coconut chocolate cookie frappe sounds good right about now.

Is it only me but I seldom hear Don mention his wife. His kids yes but not his wife. Oh well, none of my concern.

Welcome Misterhaney!

Out on the Border

I walked into a Starbucks last week in New Orleans and thought I heard a new song as well. It was the last few lines of the song and it ended before my Shazam app would load. If it was Don, it was one more great song from Cass County. I asked the staff and they said they had no way of knowing who the singer or the song was. I chalked it up to one too many Hurricanes from the night before !!

It that was Don, I will paraphrase a line from a song from Inside Job-" He's working It".

Just looked into this a little further and found out that Starbucks now lets Spotify manage their in-store music playlist. You can login and stream the Starbucks Spotify Playlist. (I tried to link it, but I suck at the internet.)
    Last edited by dcinga; 07-28-2015 at 10:45 PM.

"Leave me be, I'm just walkin' this line!"

So it's 2 am, I'm trying to go to sleep, and a notification from iTunes pops up on my phone saying "A song from your preorder of Don Henley's Cass County is available"... Sure enough, When I Stop Dreaming was put on iTunes!!

I just finished listening to it, and it's beautiful! You guys will love it! Now... to attempt sleep once again...
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

What a beautiful song!!

It can be heard here, too:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...iere/31251943/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I just listened to 'When I stop dreaming'. I think Don sounds fantastic on it!! His voice is just so deep, mature and heartbreaking on the bit that he does sing BUT Dolly just overpowers him when they sing together

They both sound great separately but together - I don't think so....I like the song, and it's better than I thought it would be but if Dolly had pulled back a bit on the high notes (and I know that she thought it was too high for her originally), I think it would have been perfect.

But, if that is my only complaint about Cass County, then I will be very happy
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I like the song, but I agree with you Lacken. She is overpowering Don. You can still hear Don (thank goodness), but compare to Martina who also has a very very powerful soprano, she didn't overpower or oversing Don on That Old Flame.

I still like the song. I love when Don drop his voice a little and then goes back to regular singing tone. Its almost like, is that really Don?
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-07-2015 at 10:23 AM.

You know. I wonder how many songs we will get to hear before the country comes out next month. This is 3 songs already.

Border Troubadour

I actually think they sound great together. Granted, Don's voice is terrific on this. He really shows his versatility and sounds so deep and manly...(pick me up before I faint) but I think they compliment each other well. Dolly is Dolly and can't sing a bad note anyway (though maybe she's a bit croaky on this?) but I think she has pulled back to match him - jmo

But I have to say, three songs so far and all three are super
    Last edited by DivineDon; 08-07-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...