Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That has been said before, and my response is no.

And the 'long hair & droopy moustache' look was for a couple of years, not Glenn's whole life.....
    Well, I'm sorry to bore you, FP but this was the first time I noticed the similarities....which as an artist I can clearly see. I said he looked a little like Glenn, especially around the eyes, eyebrows and nose - they are quite alike. His ears are larger while his mouth is smaller than Glenn's.

And as he's only 27 I think NMB's observations about the long hair and drooping moustache would fit Glenn's timeline which is why she picked that particular look.

I'm very tempted to do a mock-up of del Potro with the 'tache and long hair for fun which is why I posted in the first place.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I think he does look a bit like a young Glenn from the '70's DD - especially around the eyes and the shape of his face. If he did have the long hair, then IMO, they would look very similar.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's what I noticed too DD as I'm usually drawn to people's eyes first and that's what I noticed with del Porto too. It's the eyes, nose, and facial structure but for me I notice it more with older Glenn. I'd personally love to see that mock up too.

Then I realized a couple Eagles songs could fit what Jake Owen's talking about in the chorus of his latest song "American Country Love Song". It's another reason why they influenced so many of today's country artists.

"And every town, in every place
    There’s a boy who’s trying to take a chance
    and dance and find a way to run away with her heart
    In the back of an old Ford truck
    In the bar, just looking for luck
    In a pair of oh my blue eyes, let them fireworks start
    That American country love song
    Ain’t ever gonna quit playing on and on and on.
    "
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to bore you, FP but this was the first time I noticed the similarities....which as an artist I can clearly see. I said he looked a little like Glenn, especially around the eyes, eyebrows and nose - they are quite alike. His ears are larger while his mouth is smaller than Glenn's.

And as he's only 27 I think NMB's observations about the long hair and drooping moustache would fit Glenn's timeline which is why she picked that particular look.

I'm very tempted to do a mock-up of del Potro with the 'tache and long hair for fun which is why I posted in the first place.
    Oh please, please, pretty please do, DD. I can see some similarities with young Glenn, but your suggestion would be a very cool experiment.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Everytime the mention House Frey on Game Of Thrones I say I did not know Glenn was a Noble Lord lol.

Saw a commercial for Bank of America last night and it featured a coach and his Little League baseball team and they were called the Eagles.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm working on my post of Don's amazing concert last night but one funny moment before it was seeing a group of 5 cute 20-somthing guys talking about feeling out of place at the concert because of them being young but they noticed me and my brother being closer in age to them, but they just had this band look about them. I could be wrong but it felt like it and reminded me of some of the Eagles photo shoots as they've would've been the same age as these guys. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

On the Classic Rock radio station in H-town this morning, they played TURN IT OR BURN IT which involves the listeners calling in to voice their opinion of either liking it(turn it) or not(burn it) of new covers. The djs played Nickelback's cover of Dirty Laundry. It was about half and half with the callers but I agreed with the djs who said very very few can sing a song better than Don Henley

Border Troubadour

I just has a little fun with this

One is a rock 'n roll god and the other a hot shot tennis star....

Save
    Save
    Save
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

That is great DD and I totally see the resemblance.
    ~*Amanda*~