Page 174 of 213 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

"The Heat Is On" during the Olympics coverage. Possibly being played in the stadium given the sound quality. Can't remember the date or event.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Didn't know where to post this but it was unexpected for me and a nice little find. I'm a fan of Lindsay Ell, a 27-year-old country singer/guitarist from Canada, and she posted on her Twitter and other social media sites a pic of various guitars she has but I noticed she has some magazines sitting on the table and the one sitting on the top of the stack is the old Eagles Rolling Stone mag!!!

https://twitter.com/lindsayell/statu...95504811687936

Lindsay is a fantastic guitarist and a huge Eagles fan herself. She posted after Glenn passed a tribute video and did an acoustic version of "Desperado". I've also met her as she had a fan party at CMA Fest last year in Nashville, and my brother has actually met her 4 times. She's such a sweet girl and so nice. Loved seeing that this morning.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The Heat is On was played before a commercial break on Fox and Friends yesterday.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My school's wellness center plays all different kinds of music over the PA system. Classic rock is included in the mix. I've heard Aerosmith, U2, Journey, Nirvana etc so far. I hoped that maybe they might play an Eagles song. This morning, as I walked into the center after my history class, I heard the dueling guitar of Hotel California.

( My school's wellness center is the center of school. It has the cafeteria,gym, bookstore, and studying place/lounge kind of area.)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

Had Hotel California and Tequila Sunrise in the same pub on the same evening in the UK last week. Never heard the latter played over here in any capacity.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Yesterday while out with my Mom we heard Trisha Yearwood's "Walkaway Joe", which Don sings back up on, and hadn't heard it in awhile since our local country stations don't play the older songs that much anymore. Anyway, my Mom ended up asking me if Don sang that at his concert in Cincinnati, which made me laugh as I had to remind her it's Trisha's song and not his but that would've been interesting if he had. LOL But it did bring up how any singer we like we refer to songs they sang on as a guest as part of their songs too, especially since that was a big hit for Trisha in the 90s and Don was in the video. I love that song so much too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Was switching through channels on the radio yesterday looking for good music. Was about to settle for that Tal Bachman song "She's So High Above Me"(after passing up Eddie Money and one of Pink Floyd's more predictable songs) when I decided to check in on the College Radio station. "New Kid in Town" was playing.

Not exactly a hard choice between the two.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I was watching Thursday Night Football on NBC and they played the intro part of The Boys of Summer while they were talking about a timeline of the Broncos' offseason QB troubles. It started in March w/ Peyton's retirement, then Brock Osweiler's signing to Houston, then Mark Sanchez, their 1st rd draft pick, and so on. It was short, since the music didn't get to the beginning lyrics.

I was watching the Miss America competition and Miss Tennessee sang Desperado. It was ok. I really didn't enjoy Miss Tennessee's voice. She did change the arrangement, but it was nice of her to sing Desperado.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

On the American Top 40 that was p!aged yesterday morning, One of These Nights was #10.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time