Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "But Seriously Folks..."

OMG...I have always loved that song. I had no idea as to the story behind it. Now every time I hear it, it'll get me snivling.
    And btw, I still call my 25 year old "Baby".

Default Re: Celebration of "But Seriously Folks..."

When I saw that today was the anniversary of the release of But Seriously Folks..., I went looking to see if we had a thread for it. This four-year-old nugget is what I found. I hereby revive it, rename it, and reclaim it as a celebration of But Seriously Folks! Feel free to post your thoughts on the album.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

But Seriously Folks is my favorite Joe Walsh solo album. "Life's Been Good" is my favorite Joe song and is Joe's best song IMO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Bringing this thread forward for the anniversary of "But Seriously Folks..." which was released 34 years ago this past Wednesday (5/16). There are some great songs on this one.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

In my quest to acquire everything Joe, I recently bought this one as well.

Great bunch of songs and my favs on this CD would be-

At The Station
    Indian Summer

Thanks again, whit. You rock! I love this album.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BSF was the only Joe album I owned for a long time. I got it around the same time I started building my vinyl Eagles collection, back in my senior year of high school. I think one of the reasons I liked it at the time was that it did sound so "Eagle-y." That's probably the result of being recorded in the middle of the Long Run sessions. Funny that I never made that connection until recently.

I can't say that there are any songs on it that I dislike. Over and Over was one of my favorites, and I was SO pleased to hear Joe play it live last fall. It was a song I had forgotten about in the years since my turntable broke and I was busy with kids. After the show, I went out and bought it again on CD.

My favorite Joe solo album!

Of course everyone here knows Life's Been Good is my favorite Joe song. It's a fantastic song. Although I do like the version on "Eagles Live" the best, the studio original is timeless and fantastic. That opening riff is one of the greatest guitar riffs of all time. A true classic IMO. It's one I play constantly.

And the rest of the album is fantastic as well. And I love the album cover.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My favorite Joe solo album!

Of course everyone here knows Life's Been Good is my favorite Joe song. It's a fantastic song. Although I do like the version on "Eagles Live" the best, the studio original is timeless and fantastic. That opening riff is one of the greatest guitar riffs of all time. A true classic IMO. It's one I play constantly.

And the rest of the album is fantastic as well. And I love the album cover.
    I love the Eagles Live version of LBG too! I just re-invested in Eagles Live on CD and discovered that I had one of the lines wrong. I never knew he was saying, "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's great."

In fact, I think it's because of Eagles Live that I don't truly think of LBG as a "solo" song in the traditional sense. I know that technically it is, but it seems more like a step-sibling to the Eagles collection than a completely different family.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I love the Eagles Live version of LBG too! I just re-invested in Eagles Live on CD and discovered that I had one of the lines wrong. I never knew he was saying, "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's great."

In fact, I think it's because of Eagles Live that I don't truly think of LBG as a "solo" song in the traditional sense. I know that technically it is, but it seems more like a step-sibling to the Eagles collection than a completely different family.
    I couldn't agree more. LBG is more of an Eagles song to me... The harmonies on the chorus, the twin guitar solos played together by Joe and Felder (now Joe and Stu), etc just make it the perfect Eagles song for me. It's one of those songs that truly could have easily been an official Eagles song anyway. It fits right in with their whole "excess song" thing that was a part of the Hotel California album. I could have easily seen that song fitting right in on that album.

Eagles Live in general is just absolutely fantastic. I wish Already Gone was on there, but pretty much all of my other faves are on those discs. That album is awesome. I greatly prefer it to the HFO CD setlist-wise.

I was reading the other day where Keith Urban's guitar player (Brian Nutter) said that Eagles Live was one of the things that made him want to pick up a guitar and play. It's a great album.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger