Page 153 of 302 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    SC...you need to put the sun/pool time at the top of the list ....not the bottom!!
    I agree with Z! You need to take care of yourself SC! Get your me time in before school starts.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, SC, at least put some play in and around the work and not last!

Right now, I'm scheduled to fly to DC on Monday to give a demo and presentation to one of our US Senators. It's supposed to be someone from my company, someone from the government/policy, and someone from the government/IT. However, the policy people are all traveling elsewhere at the moment, and the IT people refuse to go. The Director even called the IT people and said he wanted them to go to feel some of the congressional heat that he feels and they still said 'no'. So, the Director has asked for the trip to be postponed, since contractors aren't supposed to do such things on their own. Not sure how successful he'll be and I surely have no wish to go feel congressional wrath come down on my head because I'm the only target available. I'm praying this gets postponed!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Oh my gosh! How can they just REFUSE to go?! Let's hope you get some backup!

Still, even if you have to go it alone, I'm sure you can handle it. It's actually really cool, to be a position to brief a Congressperson!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Not only did they refuse, but said that feeling congressional heat wasn't their job! It's not mine, either, when the issues are out of my control completely. However, since I'm a contractor, it's always my job to take the heat from whatever source feels like turning it on.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I've been cleaning my house top to bottom. All I have left is clean out the fridge and the stove and sweep and mop. Of course the things I did first are starting to need it again.

Next week the Jeep goes in for a check up. Oil change and fix a valve stem on a tire but it will be there for a while because the gas gauge is messed up. It will say 1/4 take and you will run out of gas

Friday I go to the doctor because I have I guess tennis elbow that is making my pinky and ring finger numb. Might be back related as well Next Friday I have Chemo to be ready for School to start.

Inbetween all that I hope to get some sun/pool time in.

your sun/pool/me time DEFINITELY needs to be top priority. though I know how hard it can be to do that. I, myself, have a hard time relaxing til everything else is done!

did you say Chemo? I'm so very sorry to hear that not sure if you've mentioned this before....I don't follow this board so often.

no matter what, DO make that ME time. xo
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

SC - get your rest and store up some energy for school! Enjoy the sun while you can, the cleaning will always be there We go back the 18th and the kids start the 25th. The summer has just flown by this year. Hope you are feeling ok.

VA - I say go to DC and give someone a little hot seat of your own! So sick of all those politicians who don't get anything done (unless it entails giving themselves a raise) Not a lot of fun for you when you have to take a beating for someone else Hopefully you find a job where that isn't a regular occurrence!

Yes, please take care of yourself, SC!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

VA - Best of luck with the trip. Hope it all works out.

SC - Take care.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hope everything works out ok for you VA!

SC, take care of yourself and relax before you have to start working again.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

SC-take care and enjoy as much as you can, all the best

VA-you tell them if you can and good luck

I'm visiting relatives in Sweden and having fun although it's so dang hot! The town I'm in called Örebro is picturesque and a nice place. Yesterday I was forced to check out the local hospital because the night before yesterday I stumbled to the stairs on my way to toilet and fell half the way down. So now I have a fractured bone in my right foot and I walk with crutches. I'm still enjoying my visit though.