Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I'm going to DragonCon in August and although I've resisted it for quite some time, I finally decided to give Doctor Who a chance. I watched the old classic series thanks to DailyMotion, and frankly was largely unimpressed although there were a few things I'd liked. Still, overall, I found it rather tiresome. By the time Colin Baker was the Doctor, I had to force myself to watch it out of a sense of obligation to my friend.

I finally got through them, and then.. I started watching the revived series.. WOW, the difference in quality is STAGGERING. I was BLOWN AWAY. I'm only on the second season, but I'm absolutely loving it. NOW I understand what all the fuss was about! Consider me a newly converted Whovian.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I recently finished the entire Dexter 8 season series in 6 weeks! I have to admit it was like missing old friends when it was over. Can't believe how much emotion I invested in those characters!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Dexter gets rave reviews, but it might be a bit too gruesome for a wimp like me!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Dexter gets rave reviews, but it might be a bit too gruesome for a wimp like me!
    Maybe it was because I was watching 1-4 shows per day, depending on my schedule, but I really miss the characters of Dexter and his sister, Deb, much more than if I was watching one episode per week on TV. I thought the acting was superb, even if the plots were usually unbelievable.

As far as gruesome - the dead body scenes shown during his job with the police department were worse than the ones where he is killing his victim, but yes - probably not for somebody who has trouble seeing those kinds of scenes. I, on the other hand, had more trouble initially dealing with Deb's constant potty mouth, although I have to admit that by the end of the series it became kind of endearing.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

my friend keeps telling me I "must" watch Breaking Bad...but from her descriptions...not sure I want to...

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    my friend keeps telling me I "must" watch Breaking Bad...but from her descriptions...not sure I want to...
    Yeah you do. One of the best shows. Ever.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix last week and I can't stop. I'm watching three episodes per night after everyone else is in bed. I am in the middle of Season 3. I can't stop watching. Did I say I can't stop? Totally obsessed. I wish I had watched it when it was on, but at least now I can watch them back-to-back and don't have to wait a week or season!

I'm thinking Orange is the New Black is next, followed by House of Cards, and then Dexter.

Those are all on my Netflix queue as well, but finding the time.... thank goodness we can stream them at our convenience!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yep - I also love Nashville. This and Dallas are the only shows that I watch regularly on TV. I must have a thing for shows named after cities. Anyway, like most everyone, I'm hoping Rayna and Deacon will get together. Also rooting for Avery and Juliette. However, one of the most interesting and complex characters is Scarlett to me - not to mention that I love her voice. I'm pulling for her to get her act together, stay in Nashville, and to get back with Gunnar.
    Oh I love Dallas too - but it hasn't started again here yet. BB is doing her next Dallas blog at the mo.

But what about Will? I like Gunnar with Zoey but still have a hankering after Gunnar/Will as they're such good friends.

Don't like what they've done to Maddie this season though. She's just so unfeeling to Teddy.

I love Scarlett's voice but not her character. She's so whiny and needy and totally overreacted to Gunnar/Zoey.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ovie-more.html

Me again. Anyone know if there is a forum similar to this for Nashville? I would love to be part of that. I found one but it only had 3 messages. I love The Border so much - great job to all of you in charge. Where would be without it?

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ovie-more.html