Page 9 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn Mentions in the Press/in Blogs etc.

Well, this isn't really much of a "Glenn mention" but it gave me a laugh!

The relevant snippet:
    "Holiday performs Magnetic Arrest before Stockdale performs a brand new Wolfmother song, New Moon Rising for the very first time in a live setting. Both close the show with a stunning version of the Stevie Nicks/Glenn Frey song, Leather and Lace."

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/09/...rockwiz-2.html
    A Glenn and Stevie duet? I WISH!!!! Although of course they would need to choose another song.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't wish for this; I think it might overload my circuits and cause internal combustion.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh that is funny. Maybe Glenn and Stevie could record a cover duet of You Can't Touch This!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

At the moment he won't even do backing vocals with another artist, let alone a duet with a (shock, horror) WOMAN.

He doesn't seem to be that type of singer. A lot of the time he doesn't even appear to think of himself as a 'singer' the way Don does. I don't know why, but that has to be respected if that is what he wants.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Evidently Glenn is happy with his life the way it is without constantly doing more music. Maybe he's done all he wants to do and just wants to live his life quietly without all the hubbub. Maybe he just doesn't need it anymore. He's certainly entitled, but of course his fans want more, more, more. Why keep doing it if you really don't want to or have to?

If it was me, I'd say enough is enough and live the life of luxury.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I guess it depends on whether you see making music as something you love and want to do forever no matter what it takes, or making music as a difficult job that you've done for money and therefore is no longer necessary when you have enough to live high on the hog for the rest of your life.

ETA: Re-reading the above, I realize it sounds very harsh. I'm not trying to say that Glenn doesn't love making music per se, but I think perhaps he doesn't love the process of making music on a professional level which, while profitable, is also very arduous. In the past it was worth it to him to share his music with the public, but maybe not anymore.

ITA with what you said, Brooke and Soda. I really think Glenn could work with just about any musical artist that he wanted to. However, he has never seemed to have a driving desire to consume himself in music, which is why he probably pursues so many other interest such as acting, sports, and family. As you said, it may be a bit of a bummer for us fans who want to see and hear as much of him as we can, but I'd rather see him happy with his life. He has earned the right to live his life on his own terms and I applaud him for doing that. I sure wish I were in the position to do the same.

Thinking about this also gave me a couple other ideas!

1) One might say that while making his own music on a professional level is arduous, but why would he skip over singing backup on someone else's track when all he has to do is show up and learn the part? I think he only does that for his buddies or people he cares about (hence BB King, Laura Creamer, etc) but otherwise shrugs it off. Why should he run around lending his voice to everyone he asks, when he was probably just asked to increased their marketability?

As for singing with women, we actually had a thread dedicated to this about a year ago: "Glenn Backing Up the Ladies." He's just not interested, I guess, and never has been. Of course, we're assuming he's been asked.

2) Maybe part of his reluctance to release new music is insecurity. Strange Weather didn't do well, and he poured his heart into it. Maybe he just doesn't want to take that chance again.

Banned

Maybe he has some other source of income that's less risky? Not to say that he didn't invest his Eagles earnings well, of course.

Of course, I don't know this for sure, but it doesn't seem like this is about money. My guess is that Glenn is way more than set for life in that department. It's more about how he chooses to spend his time. Even if he does a guest appearance on someone's album, I suspect that is still rather time-consuming. You are at the other artist's mercy, and have to spend as much time as they want to 'get it right'. I think right now that the Eagles consume whatever time Glenn spends 'working'.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thinking about this also gave me a couple other ideas!

1) One might say that while making his own music on a professional level is arduous, but why would he skip over singing backup on someone else's track when all he has to do is show up and learn the part? I think he only does that for his buddies or people he cares about (hence BB King, Laura Creamer, etc) but otherwise shrugs it off. Why should he run around lending his voice to everyone he asks, when he was probably just asked to increased their marketability?

As for singing with women, we actually had a thread dedicated to this about a year ago: "Glenn Backing Up the Ladies." He's just not interested, I guess, and never has been. Of course, we're assuming he's been asked.

2) Maybe part of his reluctance to release new music is insecurity. Strange Weather didn't do well, and he poured his heart into it. Maybe he just doesn't want to take that chance again.
    Whenever the subject of 'is he ever going to record another solo album' is raised I live in hope for five minutes and then reality sets in. I only wish that he was aware how much his real fans love Strange Weather. I know people asked him at Pebble Beach why he didn't perform songs from it and as I recall, he evaded the question.

I am grateful for what I have. I am still gobsmacked by the performances he treated us to on the LROOE album. For the moment I am satisfied with those songs.