Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'HI' FROM A LONGTIME EAGLES FAN!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: 'HI' FROM A LONGTIME EAGLES FAN!

Welcome, Rick !!

Hi Rick and welcome to the Border...I think it's cool that you got to see the Eagles in their infancy...very jealous!!...Hope you enjoy it here!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I welcomed you Rick in the concert review thread but to make it " official"......

WELCOME RICK!!!

Glad to have you amongst us fellow EAGLES fans! Jump right in & have fun!
    And I said in the other thread I LOVE your '71 story! Too cool!

Stuck on the Border

Welcome! I liked seeing the pictures through the years. It's amazing that the three of you are still playing together.

Thanks, Witchy Woman, zeldabjr, Houston Baby, and UndertheWire. Everyone's been so friendly!

Yeah - Jody (the bearded guy) and I actually started playing in the summer of 1969 as a duo, fueled by our love of the sound of Crosby, Stills and Nash and the whole Woodstock vibe. But there were just two of us; we wanted to be CSN, but we were more like Loggins & Messina (or Longbranch Pennywhistle). It took us a couple of years to find that 3rd voice. Lots of people who are really good singers can't sing harmony at gunpoint. Jody and I were both working at a local department store part time to finance our college educations (you could actually DO that in those days!). We were in the break room lamenting that we were having so much trouble finding that third singer when a little voice said, "I can sing. I can play piano and some guitar, too." It was a cute little blonde girl with wire rimmed glasses who looked to be about 16 (she was actually 17). We thought, "Why not?" Turns out Laura had an incredible voice and, like us, was a natural harmony singer. The blend of the voices was magic, and Rosewood took off from there.

Part of the longevity is that we all get along so well and like the same kinds of music. We've also branched out over the years; from 1983 to 1996, Jody and I also played in a group called Wooden Nickel, with John Murphy, an incredible guitar player and singer. We were sort of like an acoustic Eagles. Then John moved to Conway, Arkansas, which was a bit far to go for practice! We still get together and do reunion concerts when John comes back to town.

Laura and I have also been playing with Cindy Dunaway in a band called Runnin' On Empty from 1996 to the present (sort of a Fleetwood Mac flavored group - but we do lots of Eagles and other stuff). But the mothership is still Rosewood.

Is there a place here where you can post mp3s? I could put a couple up so you could hear what we sound like.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

An official welcome here from me, too, Rick! Absolutely love your cool story from back in the day!

Love the pictures too! That's pretty cool that you all are still together!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, Brooke. Yeah, we've actually been around as long as the boys, although with a much lesser degree of success - lol! Still, we have fun. In the end, that's what matters.

Out on the Border

Hello fellow newbie 😊
    Hope you enjoy it here!!

Quote Originally Posted by rick endres View Post
    Is there a place here where you can post mp3s? I could put a couple up so you could hear what we sound like.
    You can't upload mp3s to the board, but you can upload them to a free site and link to it. I'd love to have a listen!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Like net.com? That's where the mp3s are posted. I may try that tomorrow.