Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Joe's New Album "Analog Man"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Joe's New Album

At least this album has a title and we know a couple of track names, unlike Don's album/s. Same with Glenn's.

Another article on Joe's new album:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-e...ew-solo-album/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As the Eagles celebrate 40 years this year, Walsh says that it's probable that fans will get to see a "retrospective show" from the group to mark the occasion. With 'Analog Man' tentatively plotted for a mid-year release, it looks like Joe Walsh will be very busy this year!
    So even a mid-year release date for 'Analog Man' is "tentative" according to this article. But, I like the sound of this anyway. If the solo work has to be put on hold for the mothership's 40 year anniversary, I'm down with that. It'll just give us something to look forward to later.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Me too. I wondered how they were going to fit it all in. Perhaps the answer is they're not - the solo stuff is getting postponed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I wish Glenn had not been so definite about 'Valentine's Day', then.

They knew very well the 40 year thing was coming up when they started work on these albums. If this was the priority then why were any announcements about solo albums made at all?
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I'm not so sure that the solo work will be postponed. I remember Don Henley saying in a fairly recent interview that there would be a burst of activity in 2012 from the Eagles. I'll go back and check the thread when I have more time, but I'm 99.5% positive he used the term "burst of activity" about upcoming releases. I'm staying positive.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'm not so sure that the solo work will be postponed. I remember Don Henley saying in a fairly recent interview that there would be a burst of activity in 2012 from the Eagles. I'll go back and check the thread when I have more time, but I'm 99.5% positive he used the term "burst of activity" about upcoming releases. I'm staying positive.

Found it. VA posted a link in Post #709 on the Don in the Press Thread from an interview he gave on 9/29/11. In it, DH said:
    "A 40th anniversary burst of activity is due in 2012."
    On his solo album: "I hope to get it out next Spring."
    On upcoming Eagles' plans: Spring 2012 will mark the 40th anniversary of the Eagles' debut on the airwaves. We've got several projects in the works, including a documentary, more touring and, in a couple of years a theatrical production based on our musical catalog."

Joe's "tentative release date" of mid-year seems to back up DH's Spring 2012 statement. I'm goint to think postitively and excitedly anticipate Springtime!!!

Stuck on the Border

But spring for you is from March to May, which is before 'mid year', which I consider summer for you & winter for me.

Guess you have to get used to the fact that when Americans refer to spring it will be your autumn, FP. I know that whole this-side-of-the-equator bias must be upsetting.

While our Spring is indeed before mid-year, again, these are estimates. This is common practice for these guys. LROOE came out like a year after the initial estimate for it.

I don't remember Glenn being so definitive about Valentine's Day. Yes, he gave it as an estimate, but it's not like he said "I swear by all that is holy that it will be out on Feb. 14!" In fact even that very evening I told you that you shouldn't count on it coming out on that exact date, remember?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Guess you have to get used to the fact that when Americans refer to spring it will be your autumn, FP. I know that whole this-side-of-the-equator bias must be upsetting.

While our Spring is indeed before mid-year, again, these are estimates. This is common practice for these guys. LROOE came out like a year after the initial estimate for it.

I don't remember Glenn being so definitive about Valentine's Day. Yes, he gave it as an estimate, but it's not like he said "I swear by all that is holy that it will be out on Feb. 14!" In fact even that very evening I told you that you shouldn't count on it coming out on that exact date, remember?
    It's not upsetting; that's why I said your spring is earlier than we are now apparently being told any solo albums will be released. From what I am reading if anything is released it may now be during your autumn (or 'fall' if you insist).

As for you telling me that I shouldn't count on After Hours being released on that exact date, I'm sure you did, but I was not on the same planet that night. I did have hopes for a while, which is why I made that signature, but I suppose it was wrong to be so certain. Still, being human and having waited so long..... wouldn't it have been nice if JUST ONCE it could have happened.