Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley performing at Cherokee Creek Music Festival, Cherokee, TX - May 16, 2015

Default Re: Don Henley plays Cherokee Creek Music Festival, Cherokee, TX - May 16, 2015

Sorry about that. I thought it was in Dallas. I guess their headquarters is in Dallas because I did see Dallas on their website. I probably had gotten it from that. OK. I guess will either fly to Austin and then drive to Cherokee or fly the almost 300 miles to Cherokee.

I know, Glennsallnighter. Maybe this is a sign of Don doing a solo tour this year and we will finally get his solo album. The question now is when will it comes out if its coming out this year.

Its nice to see other dates after the Australia. At least we know their probably be more dates later either as a band or different solo tours. I just hope I will get to see Don.

Default Re: Don Henley performing at Cherokee Creek Music Festival, Cherokee, TX - May 16, 20

I was looking at the drive for Don. Its 3 and an half hours from Dallas(well depends on how far he lives from Dallas) and almost 2 hours from Austin if he decides to fly into Austin. Either way. He's got some driving to do.

Its an 9 and a half hour drive for me. I just don't know. I want to go, but I don't have $200.00.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Henley performing at Cherokee Creek Music Festival, Cherokee, TX - May 16, 20

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was looking at the drive for Don. Its 3 and an half hours from Dallas(well depends on how far he lives from Dallas) and almost 2 hours from Austin if he decides to fly into Austin. Either way. He's got some driving to do.

Its an 9 and a half hour drive for me. I just don't know. I want to go, but I don't have $200.00.
    I wouldn't know, but do you seriously think Don would drive himself to this show? I wouldn't have thought any of them would do such a thing in this day & age. Just because he lives in Texas doesn't mean he'd consider driving to it himself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I've been checking out my work schedule for May and trying to see if I can make this work. I was considering visiting Soda this spring, so maybe we can make this a twofer.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Make it work Dreamer! Cause it would be a 3fer. I got my ticket yesterday.

I certainly hope you can do it, Dreamer!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

OK. They have the rest of the performers listed for the whole festival. I've never heard of none of those people that will be there the same day as Don. The only person I've heard of is Hal Ketchum and of course Don, but he's performing that Thursday.

Here's the list. Sorry to say. I still won't go see Don for $200.00 and there's nobody on that day I would want to see before Don. I don't think I could sit through 2 or 3 performers before Don came on.

http://cherokeecreekmusicfestival.org/Artist-Lineup

I've been to many festivals and have sat through sets by many an unknown act before the headliners came out. More often than not, these acts are actually pretty good - just not commercially successful.

Banned

I agree with sodscouts, shunlvswx.

Festival acts are a lot more fun than Support acts for some reason. Most times I've attended a Festival, I'm glad I went even before the main act walk on stage.

I remember seeing a band named Picturehouse at an all day show in Germany. Enjoyed their set, bought their CD at the venue, never heard of them before or since. Still love the CD and the memory.

$200.00 is a bit steep though it promises to be an exclusive Don set.
    It's not country music festival is it?

It appears to have musicians from multiple genres, but you can bet several will be country acts. It's in Texas, after all.