Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

Default Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

Here we go! I mentioned that I would like to read some quotes about the Eagles (or individual members) from other musicians or celebs. Granted.......the "words of wisdom" part only applies if it's kind words

Seeing as I have no quotes...............someone feel free to start us off?

This is one from Cameron Crowe about Glenn, regarding the movie Almost Famous and how the main character is based on Glenn:

Who is Russell Hammond, really?

I saw Glenn Frey at a dinner party recently, and I realized that so much of Russell is Glenn. He was the coolest guy I had ever met in 1972. I was backstage at a concert interviewing everybody - the Eagles, King Crimson, Ballin' Jack, Chaka Khan. In the Eagles' dressing room, everyone's talking about Glenn - the one guy who isn't there. He's out looking for babes. Everyone's like, "The thing about Glenn," "Oh, one time Glenn and I..." And then, like a one-act play, Glenn appears. He walks in a little buzzed, he's got a long-neck Bud, and he's like, "How ya doing'?" Just classic. That whole thing of "Tonight, friends - tomorrow, the interview" was him. And there's one line he really did say to me: "Look, just make us look cool." He was also the first guy who told me about crafting a buzz long before I could ever enact it.

He's like, "If you want to craft a buzz correctly, you walk into a party, you drink two beers quickly. Then you drink a beer every hour and fifteen minutes after that. You'll always have a buzz and you'll never get too embarrassing." I was like, "Uh... yeah, I know that." Meanwhile, I'm furiously writing it down."

I love cute stories like that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL That IS a cute story Soda and I love it too

Great idea for thread, Maleah. I have tons of good Eagles quotes, and when my life slows down a bit, I will post a few.

I love that Glenn/Cameron Crowe quote. Glenn really knew how to work a room--and an interview!

This is from Stevie Nicks about Don, in a 1997 interview - it includes another cute story:

"Well, when Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours, I started going out with Don Henley. And you know, I was like the biggest Eagles fan of life. And we went out, on and off, for about two years. He was really cute, and he was elegant.... He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy.

Here's one thing that Don did that freaked my band out so much. We're all in Miami, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. They're recording at this gorgeous house they'd rented on the water. It's totally romantic. It's pink. It's like Mar-a-Lago. Anyway, he sends a limousine driver over to our hotel with a box of presents for me, and they're delivered right into the breakfast room where everyone's eating. There's a stereo, a bunch of fabulous records. There's incredible flowers and fruits, beautiful.. The limousine driver is taking all this out onto the table and I'm going, Oh, please, please, this is not going to go down well. And they want to know who it's from. And Lindsey is not happy. So I started going out with him. And this is not popular. Sure, Lindsey and I are totally broken up, I have every right in the world to go out with people, but...I spend most of my time with the band, and it's not real conducive to having a relationship. "

And one from Stevie, about Joe Walsh in her Timespace Liner Notes, 1991:

"I guess in a very few rare cases...some people find someone that they fall in love with the very first time they see them...from across a room, from a million miles away. Some people call it love at first sight, and of course, I never believed in that until...that night...I walked into a party after a gig at the hotel, and from across the room, without my glasses I saw this man...and I walked straight to him...He held out his hands to me, and I walked straight into them. I remember thinking, I can never be far from this person again...he is my soul."

There are actually a lot of Stevie quotes about Don and Joe, but I'll control myself for now.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great idea, Maleah! I love reading them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    This is from Stevie Nicks about Don, in a 1997 interview - it includes another cute story:

"Well, when Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours, I started going out with Don Henley. And you know, I was like the biggest Eagles fan of life. And we went out, on and off, for about two years. He was really cute, and he was elegant.... He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy.
    I find it quite funny how she goes "He WAS really cute, and he WAS elegant.....he IS sexy"

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Very good thread. I can't contribute anything but I love to read the quotes. And I really love the romantic ones, Soda.

Stevie talks about Glenn and Don in US Magazine 1981:

"I have striven to live up to the songwriting of [the Eagles'] Don Henley and Glenn Frey, Jackson Browne and Joni Mitchell," she says. "I learned a long time ago that I'd have to work very hard to get even a blink from any of them, not as a woman or a performer, but as a writer. To have Don sing on this album [Bella Donna] was the greatest compliment anybody could give me, and it took six years for it to happen.

"I knew Don thought I'd never be strong enough to break away from Fleetwood Mac even for a minute because they so completely wrapped up my life," Nicks allows. Her sensitivity to Henley's opinion is understandable; they had a brief romance after her breakup with Buckingham.

At the time, Eagle Glenn Frey accused her of being spoiled. The memory of that makes her bristle. "He knew I was in Fleetwood Mac; I wasn't exactly chopped liver," Nicks retorts. "I never forgot it. I thought, 'How dare they think I'm so shallow that I'm hanging around with a rock star because I have nothing else to do!'"

-----------------------
    She expands on the story later that year:

From High Times 1981:

“When I was going out with Don, it was five years ago and I was much less busy. Fleetwood Mac was much less popular, we were just beginning. When I was with Lindsey, we lived together and were famous. It was the opposite extreme. I'll never forget the day I was up at Don's house having dinner with him and his manager, Irving Azoff, who is now my manager five years later, and Glenn Frey of the Eagles walked in and looked at me and said, "Spoiled yet," like no mention of Fleetwood Mac. I was not even in the league of a singer. I was nothing more than a girl. My claws went out and I wanted to get out of there.

High Times: I don't know him well, but that sounds typical of Glenn Frey.

SN: He's witchy! And I love Glenn and that was a long time ago. That was my first taste of what it was like to be a happening girl rock 'n roll singer and have people not relate to me like I even had a job. I went out with John David Souther for a while, who is cute and wonderful but very Texas and I found when I was with him, I didn't mention Fleetwood Mac ever. It didn't help my status with the man to bring up anything I did, so I didn't. And then you start saying, "But I work too. I'm happening. I write songs, but you aren't giving me a break."