Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Northwest 09/30/2017 at Safeco Field in Seattle, WA

Banned

Default Re: Classic Northwest 09/30/2017 at Safeco Field in Seattle, WA

I expected Joe's show to be cancelled but it hasn't, so now we're faced with the prospect of the Eagles playing a show without Joe.

If Steely Dan can play without Walter Becker, Eagles can play without Joe.

The question is, who will replace him?

Bernie Leadon, Don Felder, Chris Holt, Will Henley or maybe they'll just stick with what they've got, which I'd say is already guitar heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I expected Joe's show to be cancelled but it hasn't, so now we're faced with the prospect of the Eagles playing a show without Joe.

If Steely Dan can play without Walter Becker, Eagles can play without Joe.

The question is, who will replace him?

Bernie Leadon, Don Felder, Chris Holt, Will Henley or maybe they'll just stick with what they've got, which I'd say is already guitar heavy.
    Hmmm, I don't know about that. Joe is vital for kicking up an Eagles show a notch, from what I've watched and read from concert-goers. Walter Becker on the other hand, has been kind of a mess on stage lately.

I can't imagine the Eagles playing without Joe. Not only would Henley be the only original member, he also would be the only guy from the HC line-up. I don't mean to diss the others, but that's pushing it closer toward tribute band territory.

I'm all for bringing back Bernie and Don F, the latter if it's ok with Deacon (just to be clear, this is wishful thinking, not "stewing").

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

In theory Henley is the only original member anyway!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

The Eagles without Glenn and Joe? This is just getting pathetic now.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Joe just did a new interview with Billboard talking about his new Vets Aid show but also spoke about the Classic shows and did confirm he's still doing this and the Vegas shows, and the article still said the Vegas shows are 3 days but didn't say which dates so maybe they're changing that show's date.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...gles-interview
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Joe probably going to do his Vegas show early in the day and hop on the plane to Seattle. They are both on Pacific time. It would be cutting close. The Eagles are probably not coming on until 8:00pm or 8:30pm.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

The Vegas show is due to start at 7.30pm so unless he has a time machine, that doesn't work. (And now I'm thinking of Harry Potter and the time-turner that allowed Hermione to be in several classes at once.)

A postponement of the Vegas show seems pretty likely at this point - with a cancellation you have to give the money back, but with a postponement, you can keep it - or at least some of it (policies differ).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

I would concur that Joe's solo dates would be postponed - Eagles sans Joe I suspect would seriously dent not only ticket sales, but also their actual playing.

It's unethical that they're still selling tickets for the Vegas show, though, with the date as Sept. 30. People can't always make a new date, so it's very possible they're buying tickets to a show they won't be able to go to. The venue knows it won't occur on that date.

In fact, selling tickets for a show that they know will not be happening on the date they are advertising sounds more than unethical... it sounds fraudulent.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten