Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    There may have been some discomfort with the obligation to include Bernie from all parties. Glenn wanted Bernie to be involved but I'm sure that Bernie would want assurance that the others wanted him too, as it would be they that he'd be working with. I could be reluctant to see act with 3 softies, Vince, Bernie and Tim, interspersed with Henley and Walsh. The set list will be interesting.

Out of all the Eagles catalog, I reckon the song that most suits Vince Gill is My Man, which could make a nice tribute song for Glenn. I'd prefer Bernie to be singing it though.
    Out of all the Eagles, Bernie is hardest to read. It's possible he was asked early on and didn't want to do it. Yes, I can see him turn down the $$.

Don H had probably gotten quite comfortable being 2nd in command of a 4-piece band. Now he's back to a band with 5 "members," including one who is the young and relatively inexperienced son of Glenn, and another quite experienced with a reputation of being a really nice guy; I can't recall reading or hearing anyone speak ill of Vince Gill's character. This will be a different dynamic for Don, who no longer has Glenn to back him up. Adding Bernie, who doesn't seem the type to be pushed around and who is also another guitar player, may complicate things. I would LOVE it if Bernie shows up. But what would he play? I don't think there's even room for Steuart Smith. After all, Deacon will probably play most of Glenn's parts and Vince will probably play Felder's. I think it would be strange to have Vince there with all his skills and not have him play the Hotel California solo with Joe.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

You have to remember their were 4 guitarist on the stage during the HOTE tour. Bernie, Joe, Glenn and Steuart. Bernie just went back to playing his parts he played when he was in the band. So Vince or Deacon will probably play those parts on the earlier songs before Felder joined the band. So it could work out with Steuart.

I doubt Steuart will not be there since he is part of the backup band and all the backup band now work full time with Don(well they were part of Don's band before they started playing with the Eagles) Maybe Vince and Steuart will split some of the songs they can play solo on that were Felder's parts. Vince is mostly a lead guitarist kind of person than a rhythm guitarist since he plays all the lead guitar solos in concert. I don't think he has another guitarist that plays solos. I think the other guitarist in his band just play rhythm guitar. Vince probably do a good job being a rhythm guitarist.

I would love to see Vince play the guitar solo on HC with Joe. Also their was a video of Deacon playing (and singing) HC. Too bad the video is gone. I thought he did a great job.

Vince and Deacon might also share Glenn's guitar parts too.

Its going to be interesting what songs Vince and Deacon will sing and if Vince will do some of the guitar parts that Felder did with Steuart.

Also. Unless they will have a teleprompter on stage with the words, Vince needs to start learning those words. He can't have his phone. Lol

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Has anyone else heard about this feud that's been going on between two of the members of Journey and on Twitter? I heard about this on the radio and after Googling there are some articles about guitarist Neal Schon and keyboardist Jonathan Cain arguing. I know they're one of the bands in for this festival so hopefully whatever is going on will be patched up.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Banned

I had a brief glance at the story.

I can't see the concerts being called off if Journey cancel. I'd expect a replacement to be recruited.

This line is from the recent Vince Gill article from Chrystal Schelle for Herald Mail Media http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/life/...19dcfd0a6.html

I simply just read it as an inaccuracy;

....Gill said, he and Frey became friends, and he formed friendships with Henley, Joe Walsh as well as Timothy B. Schmit.

“We’ve written songs together and just became friends.....”
    If they have written songs together, surely they'll perform a couple. Is anybody aware of any songs Vince has written with any Eagles?
    Last edited by Funk 50; 06-12-2017 at 02:44 PM.

I would be very surprised if Journey cancelled these shows, feud or no feud. This will probably the biggest crowd they will be performing for in a very long time.

I'm not aware of any published material Vince has co-written with any of the Eagles. Maybe he has an unwritten credit for some of their solo material(?). I feel kind of bad Vince didn't mention Bernie when he was praising their singing, esp. since he included Joe as a "world-class singer." I do like like Joe's singing...

From what I saw on Ticketmaster, the $99 seats are selling out.

Stuck on the Border

I did a double take when I read that. I have never heard of any songs they wrote together. However, I knew Vince was friends with Glenn for a long time. I like Joe's voice but I would never call him a world class singer.

To coincide with the Classic shows, Rhino are releasing Eagles 'Their Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2 as a 2 cd set on July 14th. No bonus tracks as far as I know but it has been remastered. Bonus tracks would have been great and made it worth buying.

Only one more month until the Classic West concert.

I for one really hope both concerts is a huge success. I know some people wants to fail big time, but I'm cheering the guys on especially Deacon and Vince since they are getting so much flake. Especially Vince.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    To coincide with the Classic shows, Rhino are releasing Eagles 'Their Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2 as a 2 cd set on July 14th. No bonus tracks as far as I know but it has been remastered. Bonus tracks would have been great and made it worth buying.
    Could this be a push to get passed 30 million sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    I saw this a few days ago. It seems everyone owns this already so I guess it's geared to new fans--or those who don't have them on vinyl. I didn't know about the remastering, though. And yes, why no bonus tracks?

http://www.musictap.net/2017/06/07/b...-cdlp-planned/

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Could this be a push to get passed 30 million sales?
    Good question, probably so.