Page 162 of 166 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

There are tribute bands that come close to reproducing the voices of both Don and Joe. Clearly, there is scope to continue with replacements as an official, high quality, tribute band.

Stuck on the Border

So true UTW and a good point. I have a friend who saw an Eagles Tribute Band here in NJ with her husband. She said they were great and the lead singers sounded almost exactly like Don and Glenn. We think Don's voice is unique but the truth is there are people all over the country who sing in bands and probably sound like Don and Glenn. We just haven't heard them. I know there a quite a few Eagles Tribute Bands who, based on reviews I have read, are quite good and sound pretty close to both of them.

Stuck on the Border

I don't hear a Glennish tone in either Deacon or Vince. (Sure, none of them has a raspy voice, but it doesn't make them similar to me.) So I don't get why we should mention a possible replacement who would sound like Don.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I don't hear a Glennish tone in either Deacon or Vince. (Sure, none of them has a raspy voice, but it doesn't make them similar to me.) So I don't get why we should mention a possible replacement who would sound like Don.
    I said that deacon isn’t that close to his dad but Vince is a decent replacement. Again everyone is focusing on the vocal replacement which is a small part of my argument

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There are tribute bands that come close to reproducing the voices of both Don and Joe. Clearly, there is scope to continue with replacements as an official, high quality, tribute band.
    I’ve seen one tribute band have someone sound close to Don. And the band would never stoop to a level of just grabbing anyone that sounds like the Don. There is more to it than that

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I said that deacon isn’t that close to his dad but Vince is a decent replacement. Again everyone is focusing on the vocal replacement which is a small part of my argument
    Well, I don't agree about Glenn/Vince. They're very different. People will focus on whatever they like in an internet forum, especially if they strongly disagree on something.

I’m just stunned that people are so disillusioned by the replacement of Glenn that they would think they would go with Joe Tim Deacon Vince and a replacement for don. None of them are original eagles, 80% of the setlist would be from non eagles. It just wouldn’t happen. If Don had died instead of Glenn it would be conceivable the band would move just as easy as they did with Glenn. Though not necessarily true, public opinion has don as the Better singer. They are equal in my eyes but most believed don to be better including Geffen, Felder, Randy, geffen, rolling stone magazine

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’m just stunned that people are so disillusioned by the replacement of Glenn that they would think they would go with Joe Tim Deacon Vince and a replacement for don. None of them are original eagles, 80% of the setlist would be from non eagles. It just wouldn’t happen. If Don had died instead of Glenn it would be conceivable the band would move just as easy as they did with Glenn. Though not necessarily true, public opinion has don as the Better singer. They are equal in my eyes but most believed don to be better including Geffen, Felder, Randy, geffen, rolling stone magazine
    I'm sure that is true. Look, I get what you're saying here, but I just strongly disagree on Glenn and Vince having anything in common tonewise.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I highly doubt the band will still go on after Don passes too but it's because he's the leader now and I don't see Joe or Timothy in that position like Glenn used to be. In 20-30 years all 7 Eagles and Iriving will all have passed on and by that point a lot of the original fans will have too. The Millennials (my generation) and Generation Z only make up a small portion of Eagles fans, especially as the latter are still kids, so by that point in the future it won't be profitable as most of us will have moved on and who knows what music will be like by then or if it's even safe to go with how crazy this world is. So eventually they won't be touring anymore because they'll all be gone and times will have completely changed.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I'm sure that is true. Look, I get what you're saying here, but I just strongly disagree on Glenn and Vince having anything in common tonewise.
    I’d say they’re similar but it’s not something worth arguing over