Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flood Watch 2008

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Flood Watch 2008

Thoughts and prayers are going out for all involved in the flooding along the Mississippi Valley. From Minnesota clear to St.Louis, Missouri, they are expecting historic river crests.

We are not in any danger, but my husband's travel to work will be greatly affected if a levee breaks near Hannibal. This is very minor compared to what people have experienced in Iowa and anywhere along the flood plain.

Thousands of acres of farm land was flooded overnight when a levee broke about 15 miles north of us.

Soda experienced it in her travel to Minnesota last week. This will affect all of us in food and gas prices.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

My thoughts and prayers definitely go out to those people. What was simply a minor inconvenience to me is devastating to many others.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I talked to one of my Eagles pals in Oklahoma City today, and her area is experiencing torrential downpours and potential flooding too. Makes me feel bad that we are enjoying clear, sunny, hot days here in the deep South!

My prayers go out to everyone in the flooded areas, and I hope better weather is soon on the way.

I'm so sorry to read about the flooding and the awful effects it's having on so many people. I wish them strength and courage during these trying times.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I too am very sorry to read about this. We don't tend to suffer extremes of weather over here, flooding is usually quite minor in the scheme of things. I hope everyone affected gets through these trying times with minimal upheavel, and that prices for staples such as food and gas don't go unnecessarily high. People everywhere have enough financial committments as it is.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Floods

My thoughts and prayers for all those affected also.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I saw some of the damage on the news last night. It seems this extreme weather is going to become more common. We had terrible floods last summer in Yorkshire and the Midlands, yet houses are still being built on floodplains. My thoughts are with all the people affected.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Also continuing to think of everyone affected. We have been keeping in close contact with several family members in Quincy Illinois (across the river from Hannibal Missouri) and they are fairing pretty well so far. It's alot worst in other areas right now.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Watching the Today Show right now and they are talking to the mayor of Quincy right now and they are hoping that they don't lose the bridges like they did in 1993's big flood and that the levees hold. It looks a mess!!!
    Brooke, I hope your husband in very careful getting back and forth to work!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I caught that, too.

Harry Smith was in East Hannibal this morning and Al Roker was actually walking across the old Quincy bridge as water was running across the lower end of it. Thank goodness the newer bridge is still safe.

Everyone's keeping their fingers crossed that those levees hold. Today and tomorrow are critical.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten