Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

Default Re: Patrick Swayze Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

Thank you all so much, ladies. God bless you all. My friend would really appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

GA, you know I will keep praying for Mark's family. He seems to have been a wonderful and selfless person, which makes it that much harder for those for whom he made a difference in life.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Did anyone see Patrick and his wife Lisa on the Barbara Walters special last night? Although he looked very thin, he & Lisa looked very sweet together, and I was so moved by their description of how they are dealing with this. I admired Patrick's honesty and his courage in fighting his disease. He is responding to treatment and has already lived longer than most people in stage 4 cancer, and he vowed to fight it with every breath.

As I watched the show I was thinking about a friend of mine who was diagnosed with the same thing, stage 4 pancreatic cancer, last Sept. I tried to call her this morning to tell her about it, but when I logged on my computer I received an email from her husband telling me she had passed away last night, and I burst into tears. I had just talked to her over Christmas and I thought she was holding her own, so this was quite a shock. She only lived three months after the diagnosis.

I wish someone would eradicate the word CANCER completely! I am so tired of losing friends and loved ones to this horrible disease!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Red face Re: Patrick Swayze Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    Did anyone see Patrick and his wife Lisa on the Barbara Walters special last night? Although he looked very thin, he & Lisa looked very sweet together, and I was so moved by their description of how they are dealing with this. I admired Patrick's honesty and his courage in fighting his disease. He is responding to treatment and has already lived longer than most people in stage 4 cancer, and he vowed to fight it with every breath.

As I watched the show I was thinking about a friend of mine who was diagnosed with the same thing, stage 4 pancreatic cancer, last Sept. I tried to call her this morning to tell her about it, but when I logged on my computer I received an email from her husband telling me she had passed away last night, and I burst into tears. I had just talked to her over Christmas and I thought she was holding her own, so this was quite a shock. She only lived three months after the diagnosis.

I wish someone would eradicate the word CANCER completely! I am so tired of losing friends and loved ones to this horrible disease!
    Oh DF! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend . . This cancer seems to progress quite quickly. I know the same happened with Pauls friend Mark. I totally agree about eradicating the word CANCER! It strikes fear into anyone who is unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with it. I'll keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I didn't know that Patrick and his wife had gone on Barbara Walters last night, so when I saw this topic had been revived, I feared the worst. I'm relieved he is doing well, but so sorry to hear about your friend, Dana. I pray for her family and continue to hope that one day someone will find a way to cure this disease no matter what form it takes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

DF, I am also so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I lost a high school friend, Janet, to pancreatic cancer about five years ago, and I do know how quickly it progresses. I also lost a dear friend to leukemia in October 2007.
    Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you will cherish her memory for the rest of your life. May she rest in peace.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

DF-I also am so sorry to hear your bad news.

I, like Soda, feared the worst when I saw this topic come back to the top.

My hubby and I went to a movie last weekend and they showed a preview of Patrick's new TV show. I was truly amazed! Yeah, he looked skinny and a little older but I could not believe that he was even able to do a series after how bad I had heard he was early on. What an amazing man.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the info about this show, DF. I wished I had seen it and glad to hear that Patrick is doing so well. Of course, I wish him the very best in his struggle to conquer this horrible disease.

And DF, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. You and her family are in my thoughts.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks so much for all the kind words of support--I appreciate it.
    This one really hit close to home, because my friend was only 5 years older than me. I took a long walk yesterday to mourn, listening to my iPod, and when Billy Joel's beautiful song "And So It Goes" came on, I really lost it. They played this song at my daughter's graduation choral concert in tribute to several teens who died that year in a car crash, and I have always associated it with mourning. It is poignant and sad.

"In every heart there is a room, a sanctuary safe and strong
    To heal the wounds of lovers past until a new one comes along...

And every time I've held a rose it seems I only felt the thorns
    And so it goes and so it goes, and so will you too, I suppose.

So I would chose to be with you, that's if the choice were mine to make
    But you can make decisions too and you can have this heart to break.

And so it goes, and so it goes, and you're the only one who knows."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm so sorry to hear your news, DF. I lost an uncle to pancreatic cancer about 30 year ago. He died within 3 months of his diagnosis. Of course there have been many leaps with this since then, but still the outlook is bleak. I hope they can discover a breakthrough soon.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

..I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer in 2001...she lasted 75 days from diagnosis to her death...she was 76 yrs old ..it must be the most horrible cancer...never curable...though some advances have been made in treatments, I'm afraid it is still always the deadliest of all cancers...