Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Man, sad news indeed. I hope he has good luck fighting it.

I loved Dirty Dancing and Ghost, too! Great movies!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Patrick Swayze

Such sad news. Hope he beats this thing and all my best goes out to Patrick and his family. We've lost so many great ones in the past few months. He was always very healthy and fit, so this just shows how cancer can strike anyone. I've always loved to watch his movies, even back as far as Red Dawn, not all of them were as great as Dirty Dancing and Ghost, but he always gave it his best.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I've heard about it in the news, this is tragical. I really hope he can beat the cancer but let's face it, this type of cancer is probably one of the worst so I don't think it will turn out well for him.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm sorry I read this thread at all. Yesterday a friend and colleague of my hubby's phoned to say that he too has been diagnosed with this type of cancer . They will be operating in the next few weeks but apparently its position will make the surgery tricky. Please say a prayer for him. His youngest kid is only a month or so older than Timtot.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

This is very sad news. I hope he does respond to the treatment.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I'll say a prayer for him, as well as his family. Hopefully the operation will be successful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I'm sorry I read this thread at all. Yesterday a friend and colleague of my hubby's phoned to say that he too has been diagnosed with this type of cancer . They will be operating in the next few weeks but apparently its position will make the surgery tricky. Please say a prayer for him. His youngest kid is only a month or so older than Timtot.
    Stay positive ! There are so many variables with cancer and so many kinds of treatment available -you just never know!

I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Well sadly the news is not good. They opened him up on Tuesday last and realised that they couldn't do anything. The tumour was just too bis apparently. So they just closed him up again. If he responds to Chemotherapy he has about 9 months left. If not it could be as little as 3. Please pray for him again. Thanks.

Hubby got an awful shock and it didn't help that he got this news on his (hubby's) 40th Birthday as well. Makes you realise just how fragile life really is. Nothing can be taken for granted.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default cancer

I'm so sorry to hear this GAN. I'm sure all of us here on the board will be praying for your husband's friend, and hope the chemo is successful. You are so right, we can take nothing for granted in this life.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm so sorry to hear your friend's bad news, Ga. He will be in my thoughts and prayers, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten