Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political Calls

Default Political Calls

I understand that people who do political calls are just trying to help out their candidate, but I've gotten FOUR calls over the past few days. It's getting pretty tiresome! They're all from the Obama camp, too. Can't these people cross-reference to see if I've been called before?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Political Calls

It's funny you should say that. I was just thinking last night 'Why haven't we got any phone calls on this yet?' - usually we are inundated. Either that or knocks on the door just as you sit down to eat. It's weird.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We've gotten plenty, too. I've gotten so that when the number is "unknown" I pick it up to answer and then hang up. At least then I don't have to listen to the answering machine!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I definitely think it depends a lot on where you are as to which (and how many) calls you get. Normally, being in Virginia, where we haven't voted for a Democrat in a presidential race since 1964, I don't get that many calls. However, this year since we are a battleground state, I have been inundated. But, in my case, it is mostly from the McCain campaign since he is trailing in the polls here.

But, I totally agree with you Soda - it seems like they could mark there records better. However, I think they keep calling back to try to determine if people are changing their minds, since the poll numbers can be so unreliable.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

We are now a battleground state in Indiana this year also so we are getting them bad. To top it off, our son is now a new registered voter so all three of are getting them.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

When he's the one who takes the calles, my smart aleck son leaves us messages like "John McCain called" or "you're supposed to call Sarah Palin back".

I love living with comedians.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    When he's the one who takes the calles, my smart aleck son leaves us messages like "John McCain called" or "you're supposed to call Sarah Palin back".

I love living with comedians.
    Ha Ha--I know what you mean-my son told Larry last week "guess what Dad, that Palin babe called me today and I hung up on her!"
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I used to never answer the phone if it said "Unknown" but I don't have an answering machine on my home phone (just voicemail on my cell), and I discovered that I could miss out on some important calls that way. Now I answer everything.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We don't get this in Australia, where voting is compulsory. I know how my husband would react if he had a call from a politician's office. He would go through the roof, as he hates all politicians of every stripe.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

When WE get those calls now, they arent even HUMAN!! its a recording!! whats worse is if you DONT answer it, the RECORDING leaves a MESSAGE!!! Yeah, I hate this time of year. EVERY year, there's always someone desperate to pass some ballot measure somewhere. Yesterday I got a call from the SEIU (Cliffy's union) asking me how I would vote. and I said "dartboard" and hung up!