Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jennifer Hudson's Mother and Brother Shot to death

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mother and Brother Shot to death

Mike, Im sorry to hear about your nephew. It's senseless when stuff like that happens and its frustrating when there's no one left to punish. That poor little girl has a hard road a head of her all because Daddy forgot to take his prosac. Now Hudson's nephew. We can just hope that his Daddy is slightly more stable. It's a sickening thing to think about.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mike, what a horrible tragedy. And I have to say I agree with you completely.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh Mike, how terrible. I'm stunned.

It's times like these when you begin to think the death penalty's not such a bad idea.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm all for the death penalty. Maybe a few idiots would think twice before they kill innocent people. And maybe there would be less crime.

Actually, I think it's too easy. They should have to suffer as much or more as the people they killed. JMO!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wow Mike--How did your nephew's family get thru that? How awful!! I can't even imagine!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Wow Mike--How did your nephew's family get thru that? How awful!! I can't even imagine!

There is no way to "get through it" TBF. You have no choices. There is nothing at all you can do about it. Life does go on though with an important component missing.

MikeA

So sorry to hear about your nephew Mike. It must be difficult when you hear of similar cases such as the Hudson killings.

I don't think the threat of the death penalty has any effect on people like this.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    There is no way to "get through it" TBF. You have no choices. There is nothing at all you can do about it. Life does go on though with an important component missing.
    This is an excellent way to describe dealing with these senseless tragedies. I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, Mike.

As far as the death penalty, this is one area where I am truly conflicted about whether I am for or against it. While I don't believe these horrible criminals deserve to live, in some ways, it seems like the easy way out. What is the greater punishment - death or sentencing to a life in prison of hard labor and solitary confinement without any hope of parole. :

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Truely you guys, I was not seeking sympathy. I do appreciate the thoughts of course...Really. But I'm long past the situation now.

In the last post IABAD debates Life In Prison, Hard Labor, no chance of Parole.

That might work if it ever happened that way. Maybe sometimes it does. But after twenty years, he puts on an angelic face and says he's really sorry and everyone says he's "reformed" and they let him go. The prisons are so over crowded these days that they look for excuses to parole criminals. It is doubtful that virtually any of them will serve true "life" sentences.

I'm more concerned about him getting out and then killing someone else! And why, even if the punishment is equal to the crime, should taxpayers pay for room and board for killers for the rest of their lives? If they are insane, they wouldn't comprehend what was being done to them. If they were not insane, then they should not be allowed to live simply because as long as they live, there is the chance that they will either escape or be paroled.

I feel very strongly that the punishment should fit the crime. Prisons should be holding areas for those arrested and awaiting trial and for those serving time for non violent crimes. The time spent waiting trials and appeals for convicted killers should be cut short and appeals non-existant for those criminals whose guilt is unquestioned.

I think you guys know what I mean. Here is a guy who waltzes into a bank with 50 witnesses to rob the bank, he kills a guard maybe and roughs up several bank customers when an off duty officer throws down on him and wounds him rendering him unconscious. Is there any doubt that he is the robber who committed the murder? With 50 Witnesses and shot in the act so there is no case of mistaken identity?

No. No doubt as to his guilt. But that felon will sit in a cell for a week awaiting arraingment and then another 6 months before a trial date and then once convicted, and sentenced (even to death by lethal injection), nothin will happen for at least 5 to 10 years to allow time for all the appeals.

It makes me sick!

Off my soap box. Sorry I went on that rant.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Preach On My Brother Mike!!!! I totally agree with you-and to add one more thing the taxpayers end up paying for is all the appeals that they will file over and over again. Also if you have a confession to a crime, why even bother with a trial?
    He sings it high, he plays it low