Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Gandolfini

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: James Gandolfini

Very, very sad. I'm a huge fan of The Sopranos. May he rest in peace

OMG... I can't believe this. I am so sad. He was an incredible actor. Way too young.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This was rather shocking to hear this morning on the news. Way to young.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I didn't really know of his work as we never got to see the Sopranos, but it's very sad news. My daughter loved him and is devastated. Way too young to die.

May he rest in peace.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke,

You have GOT to watch the Sopranos. It was one of the best series on TV. Even my hubby looked forward to it with each new episode.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wasn't it on HBO? We don't get that.

I guess I could look it up on amazon.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I didn't really know of his work as we never got to see the Sopranos, but it's very sad news. My daughter loved him and is devastated. Way too young to die.

May he rest in peace.
    We're the same, Brooke. We don't get HBO so we never saw The Sopranos.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

if you can Net-flix it do so, if not get it on DVD series or rent them, it will be well worth it. My husband is not a tv person but he watched every episode of this show and owns it all on DVD. It is that good.

SC-

Totally agree. This show was brilliant and he gave an unforgettable performance. I'm sure these are on Netflix and are well worth taking the time to watch.

I saw this story on a Springsteen website today and thought I'd post it, as it's pretty cute. I was at this show in December 2001 and remember this moment so well. It was SUCH a classic NJ moment

"About ten years ago I was up in Asbury Park, having a great time playing consigliere to Backstreets editor Chris Phillips while we attended an amazingly intimate Springsteen holiday show at Convention Hall. The place only holds about 2,000 people and feels more like a high school gym. We were on the floor just before showtime, milling about and chit-chattin' away, so excited for the show. Just then James Gandolfini strolled right past us, gave a quick head nod as our recognition became apparent, and headed up the bleachers to his seat. Well, as he climbed those stairs the murmurs began quickly, and by the time he was halfway up the chanting began. "Tony, Tony, Tony!" The Sopranos was still pretty new, and his iconic status was not quite in full bloom, but in this room, well... He looked only a bit uneasy as he made his way down the row to his seat, apologizing to those he passed, all while the crescendo grew, the entire joint now yelling his fictional name. Gandolfini gave a quick wave and smile before sitting; everyone cheered and then some laughs as we realized what just happened. Tony Soprano was in the house!

The show began and Bruce was now center stage. Folks kinda forgot about Gandolfini, which I assume was exactly what he wanted. About a minute into the show, I turned from my own seat — about ten rows down from the TV mob boss — to see a very excited Jimmy Gandolfini remove his button-down shirt to reveal a tight concert tee and pull out a bandana, which he quickly tied around his head Little Steven-style. A tribute to Silvio, perhaps. I nudged Chris to turn and take a look, and we both watched for a few seconds while the new star was back to being Jimmy from the block, pumping his fist in the air, rockin' out like the rest of us, lost in his joy. Rave on, brother."

- June 20, 2013 - Andrew Massimino reporting