Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: East Texas: The Henley Tour - Border Members' Trips to Don's Old Stomping Grounds

Default Re: East Texas: The Henley Tour - Border Members' Trips to Don's Old Stomping Grounds

I did the Linden tour 2 or 3 summers ago as well. We stopped at that gas station and perused the memorabilia there for a bit. We (my daughter and I) had to walk around/through the people eating there to see it all. You could definitely tell we came in just for that.

And yes, it is not really a restaurant, more like a small store with a grill. We did not eat a burger there, wish we had though, but we did buy some snacks.

If anyone plans on making that trip in the future please let me know as I live about 2 1/2 hours away and would love to meet and see the sights with other Borderers.

Default Re: East Texas: The Henley Tour - Border Members' Trips to Don's Old Stomping Grounds

From what I heard. Its one of Don's favorite places to eat when he's in town and I see why he like it there.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Today is the 3rd anniversary of me visiting Don's hometown for the first time. I had a ball and I hope to go back again one day and also see Caddo Lake. I didn't get to see it when I was there in last year.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I hope you get to see Caddo Lake. It's so pretty. The next time I go through Linden, I am definitely going to take your advice and go get a burger inside the gas station!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten