Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    I’m trying to decide whether I want to try to navigate a Taylor Swift stadium concert. I’d gone to her 1989 show and really enjoyed it. I have to use a cane and the thought of doubling/tripling the crowd size is a bit daunting.

In Aug 2016 I got to meet Josh Groban and Sarah McLachlan when they came to Starlight theater, and Josh is hoping to have his new music released in early 2018 for a fall tour so I have my fingers crossed. Also got to meet Richard Marx in Vegas this summer and would love to see him again whenever he comes to KC. Also got to meet the legendary Judy Collins and Stephen Stills when they played JCCC in Overland Park, KS this summer.

Would love to see Lady Antebellum whenever they come to town again.
    Whoa, girl- you've met a lot of artists! I wanna go along with YOU next time! LOL..

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Whoa, girl- you've met a lot of artists! I wanna go along with YOU next time! LOL..
    You would be welcome company I just do the m&g tickets when I can. Sitting with Taylors Mom was totally accidental and completely unexpected. She was being treated for cancer at the time and I’m a cancer survivor so we hugged about five times. She’s very dear.

Musician friends in Miami got married and most of the Miami Sound Machine played at the wedding. Weeks later I was in town and they took me to meet the rest of the MSM at a club gig ... Gloria and Emilio Estefan. This was before they did their first album. Super, super nice. Their son was only a few months old at the time so I got to see lots of adorable family pictures.

It’s so fun to meet the people you admire, and to say thank you for sharing their incredible gifts with the world. A million years ago I was a cocktail waitress as a second job and I met way too many famous jerks you couldn’t pay me enough to go see. My all time favorite was the Average White Band who were so much fun, extremely polite and respectful and not only tipped well, I got hugs and a kiss on the cheek by each when they left.

Would love to see TBS come to the KC area for a solo show! Fingers crossed.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    Also got to meet the legendary Judy Collins and Stephen Stills when they played JCCC in Overland Park, KS this summer.
    Holy smokes! That's something extra-special. Did you say anything to them? I never know what to say.

Stuck on the Border

Wow LT, you have met some incredible people ! Lucky you !
    That TS concert sounds like it could be crazy with a bunch of screaming teenagers. I am impressed with the number of people you have seen iin concert.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Holy smokes! That's something extra-special. Did you say anything to them? I never know what to say.
    When I met Josh Groban, he looks at you with those brown eyes and i was done in. I was talking so fast I just ran all my words together and he just was so sweet. I was like OMG, HE HAS HIS HAND ON MY SHOULDER!!! Two of us got autographs. Sara is such a joyous, gentle soul and she held my hands while We talked. She showed me how to do selfies because I had just gotten a new phone and was terrible at it. I thought I would be overwhelmed by Richard Marx because he’s very vocal about issues, but in person he’s a sweet man. I’d brought him a pair of socks with martini glasses on them (he and Daisy love Martinis) and he was truly tickled someon3 would do that. He said “are you serious? You bought these socks especially for me and brought them all the way to Vegas? You are so kind, and I really will wear them!” I asked if I could please have a little hug because I’d been waiting since the 80’s to hear him in person, and he replied “for being so thoughtful, you can have a big hug!” And he did! I was so excited, the picture of us has me with the silliest face.

Stephen Stills is a riot! He’s very happy-go-lucky, very talkative, and so interested in meeting his fans. My bff went with me, and she brought her Woodstock ticket for him to sign. He was so jazzed that she still had it, and then he and Judy started talking about Woodstock. Judy said she was going to be there but at the last moment they couldn’t get a helicopter to get her to the venue because the traffic was jammed for days. That was interesting. I had this tropical print dress on, and Stephen asked where he could find a shirt like that. Then he and Judy counted the different designs on the fabric. I have a picture her assistant took that has them appearing to look at my chest. He’s really comical. Judy is incredible. She’s in her 70’s, her voice is so perfect, and she is such an elegant, classy lady. She wore stiletto heeled knee high boots, black leggings, and a black beaded silk jacket. And she stood in those heels the entire time. I remember telling her how much her music meant to my family, that meeting her was one of the proudest days of my life. She’s truly a music legend, and she has such great stories to tell.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I can share them, but I do hate to show my ugly mug on the internet. I wish my family was still alive so I could have taken them with me, but my dear Mom was all I had left and she’s been gone almost 8 months. Even my jerk ex-husband has died. Just me and the dog

My Dad was in management for a couple of upscale hotels for decades and he met everyone from Presidents and Vice-Presidents to just about every singer/musical group you can imagine. He was impressed thatDolly Parton came through once and asked if she could go through the hotel to meet all the staff and do autographs, and she did exactly that for several hours. Most of the famous people he met were great, but I saw first hand how some misbehave badly in public and never tip a dime on racked up tabs in the thousands. I had a few I waited on that thought they should get all their food and booze for free because they were famous. It was a long time ago and maybe they acted better later on.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow LT, you have met some incredible people ! Lucky you !
    That TS concert sounds like it could be crazy with a bunch of screaming teenagers. I am impressed with the number of people you have seen iin concert.
    I’m in awe of all the people here who have gotten to see the Eagles and their favorite groups so many times over the years. I haven’t been to all that many concerts considering I’m really old, lol. I have a T-shirt that says “I may be old but I got to see all the good bands”

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

TimB, my condolences on the loss of your mom.

You sound like you got it going on, personality-wise. That's why those folks responded so well to you. [super jealous that Sarah M. took your hand]

You will enjoy Lady Antebellum, they put on a good show. They're very talented songwriters, IMO. They should call one of their albums "Contains Actual Melodies" unlike most crap these days.

Moody Blues 2018

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    TimB, my condolences on the loss of your mom.

You sound like you got it going on, personality-wise. That's why those folks responded so well to you. [super jealous that Sarah M. took your hand]

You will enjoy Lady Antebellum, they put on a good show. They're very talented songwriters, IMO. They should call one of their albums "Contains Actual Melodies" unlike most crap these days.
    Thank you for your kindness about my Mom. I miss her so much and it’s been hard without her, especially with the holidays.

Oh, but I don’t have an interesting personality at all. I’m really a wallflower and have a hard time being around large groups of people. But it’s so important for me to say thank you to the people whose music has been so much a part of my life, I just push myself to go. Life is short and I’m grateful to see a few dreams come true. I think that the people I’ve met in meet and greet shows are kind to us old folks and are at points in their careers that they have a bit of extra time to meet fans.

So many people here have really fantastic stories about concerts they have been to, and I love that they share their memories.

Border Desperado

Headin’ to Las Vegas this weekend for George Strait .. possibly Lionel Richie too
    plus whatever else happens