Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

I can only speak for myself but I would LOVE that. But then I love Swamp Smuggler's Blues. Do it Glenn. 'Oh yeah, the boy can swing'!

Back to the white suit, eh? What next?

I really hope he does what he said he'd do with "The Heat Is On." Personally, I think that's one of his more dated solo songs and I would LOVE to hear it with a new arrangement. Do it, Glenn. You know you want to!

"The Heat Is On" is fun and everybody knows it. In America at least, it's probably the song most associated with him as a solo artist. As long as he keeps it upbeat, it should work. The thing I didn't like about "Swamp Smuggler's Blues" was the way it dragged. (BTW I love having candy after my steak, lol).

The comment about Frank Ocean made me laugh, especially since we were just talking about some sucky rap songs that sampled Glenn's work in another thread, and GA mentioned she thought Glenn should get double the money because the songs were so bad!

Regarding the date, the article states that the interview was done in late March.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Got this Billboard article(posted an hour ago) in a Google alert: http://www.billboard.com/news/glenn-...07008152.story

Not much new but this line caught my eye. "We have a set-up plan in May -- East Coast, West Coast and television to get this record kicked off," Frey says. "Then hopefully it will do well enough to justify me going out and playing some more shows, 'cause they're really a lot of fun."

GA, keep your fingers crossed!

Got this in the same alert: http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_ji...ticle=10107154

"The disc is a collection of classics that Glenn made for a retro restaurant that never panned out." ??????

The article is only a paragraph long & underneath it says "Click HERE for more information" & the link takes you to GF Online! Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Got this in the same alert: http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_ji...ticle=10107154

"The disc is a collection of classics that Glenn made for a retro restaurant that never panned out." ??????

The article is only a paragraph long & underneath it says "Click HERE for more information" & the link takes you to GF Online! Weird!
    definitely weird...what the he..is that supposed to mean? I just listened to the whole CD...loved it, but so much made me cry...don't know why.
    zelda

Stuck on the Border

I don't think so. I just love how people make this stuff up.

Re Swamp Smuggler's Blues I don't think it drags at all, but Soda & I have always agreed to disagree on this.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Got this Billboard article(posted an hour ago) in a Google alert: http://www.billboard.com/news/glenn-...07008152.story

Not much new but this line caught my eye. "We have a set-up plan in May -- East Coast, West Coast and television to get this record kicked off," Frey says. "Then hopefully it will do well enough to justify me going out and playing some more shows, 'cause they're really a lot of fun."

GA, keep your fingers crossed!
    I'm keeping EVERYTHING crossed GL!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm keeping EVERYTHING crossed GL!
    I will too!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This dropped into my Facebook Newsfeed from Glenn's page. He's interested in making a second CD at some point along the same lines as After Hours.

http://www.wamc.org/post/glenn-frey-...ys-after-hours
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.