Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

Probably the same one, Ann. Isn't Bob & Tom in syndicate so the shows are different times on different stations?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Probably the same one, Ann. Isn't Bob & Tom in syndicate so the shows are different times on different stations?
    I believe so. Doesn't make sense that Glenn would do two separate interviews with them & give the same info in both.

I was able to download the one I heard without getting a subscription.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I can't get any of these interviews but I do think it's wonderful that Glenn is getting so much exposure and is so 'into' the whole album. The positive vibes are tremendous. I am so happy for him that this is finally happening.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I was able to listen from Willie's first link. Free. But of course I missed most of it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Jimmy Kimmel usually has them do a 5 song set at the show, but only 1 song will air on the tv show. The rest can be seen on the YouTube channel.
    Anyone that is in LA area can get free tickets to the show., so apply for tickets anyone in the area...I have been at the show & they have a small concert area which is very cool.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Just listened to the WNYC interview. Great interview. About 25 minutes with only a few clips of songs, the rest was all talking. Interesting that it wasn't his idea to include After Hours on the album, it was Jack's, about halfway through the project. The guy who did the interview seemed very surprised that Glenn did this without a record deal. He said he did it himself, the way he wanted it done, then Irving found a home for it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Just finished listening to Glenn on the radio in New York. Another great one.Thre was a lot of the same info from previous interviews but there was soom new stuff & some elaboration on previously discussed questions. Finally, he was asked about the origins of the song "After Hours". I wasn't able to record it. Oh, he sounds soooo good!

They played more of "My Buddy" than we have heard yet. Played parts of 4 or 5 songs. my head is spinning so I can't remember them right now!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Just finished listening to Glenn on the radio in New York. Another great one.Thre was a lot of the same info from previous interviews but there was soom new stuff & some elaboration on previously discussed questions. Finally, he was asked about the origins of the song "After Hours". I wasn't able to record it. Oh, he sounds soooo good!

They played more of "My Buddy" than we have heard yet. Played parts of 4 or 5 songs. my head is spinning so I can't remember them right now!
    My Buddy, Caroline No, Same Girl, After Hours, Route 66 was the intro.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Just listened to the WNYC interview. Not a lot we haven't heard before, but still fun to listen to. Lots of clips from the songs, of course. Highlights:

- Glenn talked again about hearing these songs in childhood. Said his mom liked Glenn Miller and Sarah Vaughn. He said he did the record for his parents, who are 87 and 91. When asked if his parents liked it, Glenn said, "Yes, they did, but they like everything I do. They're my parents."

- He said he'll be rehearsing tomorrow with the NYU orchestra to prep for the show on Wednesday.

- When talking about "Caroline No," he said he'd be "over the moon" if Brian Wilson heard it and said he liked it. This hasn't happened yet, Glenn answered when asked.

- He always wanted to do a Randy Newman song. He didn't realize until "after a few listens" that the song he chose was about a prostitute. "Leave it to Randy Newman to write a tender love song about... that subject," he said.

- He said "After Hours" was supposed to be the last song on The Allnighter, but it didn't fit. When he called Jack Tempchin to write a standards-sounding song for this album, Jack said, "Why don't you use After Hours?" Glenn indicated it was a "duh" sort of moment.

That's all I recall. I may listen again at 10 because I'm at work and had to keep it low to avoid the boss.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Just checked and that's an NPR station. My husband has an app on his iPhone that will let you stream any NPR station in the country.
    So, I hate to sound dumb here, but what is an NPR station? I need to find this!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten