Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm not sure what I did! I had uninstalled RealPlayer, because the problem happened after I installed that. I also uninstalled some sort of Weather Channel desktop that dropped onto my computer from somewhere. When I rebooted after that (third reboot in thirty minutes), the problem was solved. Of course, I now have a problem with something called 'solution center', but I'll figure it out.
    Good Luck, VA.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Press about Glenn's New Album "After Hours"

This has a small blurb about Glenn's new CD. Also has a section on Paul McCartney and Lindsey Buckingham. It's from HoustonsEagle, which is a Classic Hits station (I assume in Houston, TX)!

Glenn Frey's upcoming standards collection, After Hours, is one of the few new evergreen sets that includes songs from the 1960's. On the album, which will be released on May 8th, Frey tackles the obscure, but beloved, Beach Boys track "Caroline, No" -- a tune that both closed the band's 1966 Pet Sounds album and served as Brian Wilson's debut solo single that year.
    Frey said that as soon as he felt loose enough in the studio, his song choices seemed to get bolder: "After we'd been recording a few songs on After Hours, I just, y'know, I started getting a little braver and I started to feel, like, as long as it was a song for piano and voice, we should see if it fits. So I came in one day and said, 'What about 'Caroline, No' -- I said, 'I don't know if I can sing it, but, y'know, surely this is a great song.'"

http://www.houstonseagle.com/weblogs...hursday-32912/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Very interesting! It seems each piece of press about the album highlights something slightly different. I love it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Is anyone else wondering why no more tour dates have been announced?

I thoughg this was a golden opportunity; I really thought Glenn would be mounting a longer tour than he is in fact doing. I really am lucky I will be there, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I thoughg this was a golden opportunity; I really thought Glenn would be mounting a longer tour than he is in fact doing. I really am lucky I will be there, it seems.
    Very lucky indeed, FP! I'm hoping he announces dates later in the year & close to me in the off chance that I might be able to afford to go by then! Well, a girl can dream.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I was thinking the same thing! Perhaps, just guessing here, after South Africa, Dubai, Vegas, two in Atlanta with the Jazz Fest the next day, then the solo tour starting the next week, maybe he's scheduled in a 'break'? One of the interviews posted here said there would be more dates announced. Maybe they're waiting to see how these sell first?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yeah. Ive been thinking that too. But surely there will be more dates. Lots of big cities such as Chicago haven't been mentioned, and surely he would hope to play Detroit?
    Also I'm sure he'd tour Canada at least a little?

He has called it a Spring/Summer tour.

So I'll keep hoping ..........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm still hoping too. Surely he will add some more dates. Come on Glenn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Maybe he's waiting to see how these go before announcing any others. I will be gone the latter part of June so I selfishly hope any dates closer to me are not going to take place until mid-July or August. Of course I can always hit up my old friends in Chicago and Indiana for a place to crash if he does dates within driving distance from there. I'm hopeless, I know! lol

I actually have considered going to the Wiltern show because, exactly a year before, I had seen Stevie Nicks at the Wiltern on May 26, 2011 and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. To see Glenn on May 26, 2012 at the Wiltern seemed like it was fated to be... until I saw that there were no pit seats available. I'm not trying to be overly choosy, but if I'm going to go all the way to LA after seeing him four times in New England, I need to have a closer seat to justify the extravagance of a fifth show across the country.

But shoot, seeing my favorite male singer on exactly the same day at the exact same venue a year after seeing my favorite female singer perform there...how cool is that?! I'm still thinking about it.

Too bad he's not General Admission like Stevie! Waiting for 13 hours outside the venue in order to be up front was totally worth it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

But shoot, seeing my favorite male singer on exactly the same day at the exact same venue a year after seeing my favorite female singer perform there...how cool is that?! I'm still thinking about it.
    The stars have aligned. It's a sign. Karma.

This is what a diehard is. Any excuse. No matter.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten