Page 64 of 195 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the press

Under the category of very strange....

Sirius Classic Rewind is playing LITFL and before it started the DJ said that on April Fools Day, the Eagles official site, Eaglesband.com, reported that Don Henley would be recording with Patsy Cline and someone else who was deceased (don't remember who they said) because he's ran out of people to record with as a joke.

First of all---just went there and no such thing, in fact the last update looks to be from 2/10. We here all know that Eaglesband.com hardly ever updates anything. So where this info came from....who knows. Very strange!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

Sirius Classic Rewind is playing LITFL and before it started the DJ said that on April Fools Day, the Eagles official site, Eaglesband.com, reported that Don Henley would be recording with Patsy Cline and someone else who was deceased (don't remember who they said) because he's ran out of people to record with as a joke.

First of all---just went there and no such thing, in fact the last update looks to be from 2/10. We here all know that Eaglesband.com hardly ever updates anything. So where this info came from....who knows. Very strange!!
    Willie, I got that as a Google alert. I believe the other person mentioned was Hank Williams. It was an April Fool joke posted by another site. Good imagination, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Willie, I got that as a Google alert. I believe the other person mentioned was Hank Williams. It was an April Fool joke posted by another site. Good imagination, though.
    I knew there was no way it was on Eaglesband.com!! And you're right, it was Hank Williams now that you've jogged my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

It was on the eaglesfans.com

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Guys, I decided with all the talk about Don's new album/albums that I'd make a separate thread for it - you know there will only be more and more as the release date approaches, and I don't want it to get buried.

I went back through this thread and dug out all the relevant stuff - I tried my best to move it all, but there will inevitably be a bit of duplication. Still, I think it's worth it to give a special thread to Don's new albums. In fact, I think I'll do the same for stuff about Joe's new album when I get some time.

Here's the new thread for all things pertaining to the new albums:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=3056

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don Henley Champions Musicians' Rights on the Hill

http://www.politico.com/click/storie...ic_rights.html
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

GRAMMYs Take The Hill! Vice President Biden, Senator Bob Corker, Don Henley Honored By Paul Williams, Bruce Hornsby, Dave Koz & Stevie Wonder…

http://www.revamp.com/story.php?StoryID=1148
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again for posting that, Koala. That was quite an honor for Don. He was in pretty good company here!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Definitely!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I don't remember if this has ever been mentioned here before and I had actually forgotten about it till I just read it.

I'm still reading Steven Adler's book and on page 188 he mentions how after rehab he had found out that GNR had played the AMAs without him.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAdler
    When I got out, someone asked me why I hadn't appeared on the American Music Awards. I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. He proceeded to tell me that GNR performed "Patience" during the American Music Awards at the Shrine Auditorium with someone else on drums. I found out later that it was Don Henley of the Eagles who took my spot. I was completely blindsided by this, so stunned and hurt, I can't begin to describe the feeling of betrayal. Nobody in our organization ever mentioned anything about the AMAs to me. My first thought was: "And I didn't even need f***ing rehab!"
    Here is a video of it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSA-yspDsc[/ame]

And some screen caps I did.

ETA: I'm sorry---but this should of probably went in Don in The Press---Powers That Be, please move in you feel the need!!!!