Page 25 of 195 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post

Sounds like Don is 'blaming' the no-risk-taking on Glenn.

I must disagree. I do not think 'blame' is the correct word here. He is just stating a fact.

However I must say that I would have thought that if you are in a leadership role, you would be the sort of person who would WANT to take risks. I will leave it there, because this is a sore point with me.

At least Don does interviews. At least we get an insight into him.
    You're right, FP. Blame is not the right word. That's why I ' ' it. I wasn't sure what the right word was!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    DF - Even though Don seems to be forthcoming about the existence of the '4th' child, he isn't very forthcoming about any information about her, is he? Maybe, that's the way she wants it to be. All I know is that she is a 'she', she is apparently '20 something', and, obviously, Sharon is not her mother.

This is the only thing I found: http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

3/4 way down the page... just one little sentence... that's all.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that link, ltl. Very interesting. I wonder if that is her picture below the writeup or is it Lou Ferigno's daughter? Seems like they may have wanted to clarify that. Either way, the young lady is very attractive.

And as far as Don "blaming" Glenn for not taking risks, I agree that it is not necessarily blame, but rather just an observation. I don't doubt that it is true that Glenn isn't a big risk-taker. All I can say is people can criticize the Eagles all they want. I think all of us would like to see them do some things differently, but it's hard to argue with the results. How many others have achieved their level of success???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Nice find, LTL. Now we know her name is Brittany. So the children are Brittany, Annabel, Will and Sophie.
    Dreamer, the beautiful brunette in the picture in that link is the actress who plays in the TV series Chuck (one of my favorite shows) as Chuck's sister. Wish they had posted a picture of Brittany with her!

Long time lurker - first time poster.

So I did a little research and found out her name is "Brittany Olson". She is (get this) Eva Longoria's best friend. Or at least she was the Maid of Honor at Eva's wedding.

Here's a link to a thread: http://x17online.com/celebrities/eva...more_to_go.php

If you do a "Find on this page" with your Internet Explorer the words "Brittany Olson" it comes up on the thread.

It's from an Anonymous poster... but says she is the illegitimate daughter of Don. An Eagles Fan posts that Don only has 3 kids. The Anonymous poster writes back saying that his other 3 kids just found out this past year about their big sis.

And then later the Anonymous poster says that Don is a "pompous @#% when you know him personally" and she can't divulge any more personal info. Hrmpf.

I don't know if any of this is true... but it's interesting.

Then if you google "Brittany Olson" and Eva Longoria, there's a whole bunch of links saying that she was the Maid of Honor. No photos that I can find as of yet.

Did Don ever date "Carla Olson" He did some vocals and engineered her 1984 album "Midnight Mission".

Ahhhh the plot thickens!

Love this message board,
    Maid
    Last edited by Maidstone; 05-01-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Here's a photo of Carla and Don from the Midnight Mission vocal session - 1985
    From Carla Olson Scrapbook:

http://www.carlaolson.com/images/pho...lson_nn10V.jpg

http://www.carlaolson.com/photoGallery_fs.html

xoxo,
    Det. Maidstone

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Hey MS *G* and welcome!
    here's the pic you were trying to post,

Tell me if I should stop.... don't want to divulge too much. But it's all on the internet. (love Google!)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2753758/

This Brittany Olson Henley was a producer for the 2008 ALMA Awards. Which was hosted by Eva Longoria.

I wish I could find a photo of her... But August 4, 1975 it says is her birthdate.

Okay - I have *GOT* to work today. But this has been too much fun.

By the way - seeing Fleetwood Mac this weekend. Maybe I'll do a shout out to Stevie! See if she knows anything.
    (just pickin')

xoxo,
    Maid

Maid! I am so glad you decided to stop lurking and post--and post about Don, my very favorite subject! Welcome!
    I have never heard of Carla Olson nor have I ever seen that picture of Don with her. (I love Google too. ) So Brittany is Eva Longoria's best friend, huh? If she was born in 1975, she would be 34 now. I bet there is a picture of Eva with her somewhere.

Thanks for all your digging. Good work--and we are glad you are here!

Now you have ME Googling Carla Olson! Turns out she is another Texas girl like Don's wife Sharon. Here is a little more info on her:

Carla Olson's singing and producing career spans several decades and countries. The custom-made Azureglo-blue Rickenbacker guitar on her hip has become as recognizable a trademark as her long blond hair. Born on July 3, 1952, and raised outside of Austin, Texas, Olson was obsessed with the Rolling Stones as a teenager. She often went to roadhouses with her father, where he had a few drinks and she listened to the music. In the late 1970s Olson teamed with Kathy Valentine to form the punk band the Violators. After some success, they decided to try their luck in Los Angeles in 1979, where they started the Textones, and released a few singles on IRS's Faulty Products.

Olson and Valentine parted company after it became obvious that their interests had diverged. Valentine went on to join the Go-Go's, while Olson continued with the Textones and branched out with Gene Clark, a former member of the Byrds.

In 1983 Olson got a huge break when Bob Dylan chose her to appear in his "Sweetheart Like You" video. During the filming she began a friendship with guitarist Mick Taylor, who had once played with the Rolling Stones before leaving them in 1975 to pursue a solo career. The Textones made their major-label debut the following year with Midnight Mission. The album won critical acclaim but little airtime, despite studio help from Don Henley, Ry Cooder, Barry Goldberg, and Gene Clark. Response to the album's videos, however, was sufficient to launch a tour of the United States, Europe, and Japan.

During this time, Olson found work in feature films, including Real Genius, Blue City, Sylvester, and A Tiger's Tale. She also continued her recording career, contributing to projects with John Fogarty, Henley Cooder, and Eric Johnson. She also wrote or cowrote songs for other artists, including "Trail of Tears" with Eric Johnson; "The Grand Blvd." and "Why did You Stop" for Percy Sledge, and "Road of No Return" with Swedish legend Mikael Rickfors.